(GCBRO) Newfoundland Sightings

Sighting reports of Bigfoot from this Canadian Province
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

(GCBRO) Newfoundland Sightings

Post by admin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:38 am

Reported by: Confidential
REPORT RECEIVED From: The GCBRO Online Submission Form

DATE: Not given

TIME: Dusk

TERRAIN: Wooded

OBSERVED: (This is my mother’s story and I’m telling it from her point-of-view because that’s
how she’s always told it. She’s told it the same way since I was three and could understand.)

Me and my cousin Shelly were using the outhouse. It was a two-seater because at night no one
ever wanted to use the outhouse by themselves at night. It was dusk and when we were ready to
leave I heard something. Then we both saw a pair of very hairy huge feet. They were covered
with a coarse black hair. I opened the door and looked straight into the torso of this huge
creature. I looked at its head and whimpered as I closed the door. Shelly started to cry and I
was ready to as well. It was a hundred yards to camp and we were afraid. I told Shelly that we
were going to run for it because we might not get another chance. She nodded and when it moved
around to the back I threw open the door and we ran as fast as we could back to the campfire.
Everyone was there, everyone. No bears were in the area and our nearest neighbor was about
fifty miles away.

Activities of Witness: Sitting around the campfire, fishing, hiking.

Description of Creature: None given

Other Notes:

Additional Notes or Comments:

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master
Reported by Shawn Morrissey

RECEIVED: From the G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form
DATE: c.1000AD

TIME:

LOCATION: As the viking settlements in Newfoundland, Canada are found mainly in The Northern Pennisula, it is likely that these events took place here; today the areas are known as L'Anse aux Meadows and St.Anthony

Today the Northern Pennisula of the island is a major tourist site.
Only one major highway allows access by land.

OBSERVED: The First Sasquatch Sighting by a European?

It is a little known historical fact that the first Sasquatch encounter was perhaps observed by the vikings who settled on the island of Newfoundland in Eastern Canada. Leif Erikson, or Leif the Lucky (son of Erik the Red), and his crew of Norsemen landed on the rugged shores on "The Rock" some one thousand years ago, becoming the first Europeans to set foot in the Western World. Leif kept a record of his journey across the Atlantic, from Iceland to Greenland, and of his experiences whilst in Newfoundland, the last point of land on his voyage. Among his accounts, Leif told of seeing huge hairy men who towered over him and his Berzerker crew (and the vikings are known to have been large men). The "huge hairy men", according to Leif, lived in the Woods and had a rank odour and a deafening shriek. Apparently, Leif had several sightings of the "huge hairy men" before departing the island.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES):

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Towering height, hairy, man-like, rank smell, deafening verbal tones., The natives of Newfoundland, the Beothuck (now extinct), most likely had similar relations to the Sasquatch like other native bands, especially those of Western Canada (ie Bella Coola). Leif's accounts spoke of his meeting of a race of men (seperate from the "huge hairy men"), which were almost certainly the Beothuck.

OTHER NOTES: voyagers - sailed the Atlantic, charting course from Iceland to Greenland to Newfoundland, settling in the latter for some time before retracing their voyage back home.

OTHER OTHER NOTES:
I initially was introduced to this information from an "Unexplained" documentary (broadcast station and show title not recalled). I later found other info pertaining to this in the archives at a St.John's library. The remains of the Viking settlement (in L'Anse aux Meadows) was found in the 1960's. It is now a National Historical Site (where during summer, 2000, the voyage of Leif the Lucky was retraced, having the recreated ship landing on the Northern Pennisula). The arrival of Leif Erikson is celebrated every year in L'Anse aux Meadows by the residents of the area.

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?:

Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green
Reported by Confidential
RECEIVED FROM: G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form
DATE: 1950's

TIME: Morning

OBSERVED: I have never had a sighting but it is interesting to listen to our old people tell stories of many different kinds of sightings when they were on their trapline. I personally heard a story from a man who said he and two other guys saw a big hairy man squatted down eating . It looked like he was picking at the roots of the willows at the edge of the shoreline. It was during the winter and the three men were walking across the snow covered ice and they noticed something at the edge of the shoreline, squatted down ,it's back to them, eating something. They all stop in their tracks, speechless and one of the trappers raised his rifle to shoot the thing.That is when the creature turned and looked at the three. The man that was telling me the story said he had a strange feeling come over him and he made the other trapper put his rifle down. The creature then turned and walked into the woods. XXXX said they were pretty scared of what they had seen but they could not really discuss this with other people (trappers)of their sighting.

He said they didn't speak about it for years and only now that they are getting older and hearing other people talk (and seeing on television) about other sightings around this area do they rarely speak about it. Today there are two of the three still living but the other trapper died a few years back.

He said the thing was big, furry and large build. I believe him because of the tone of his voice and when the old people speak of things of what they seen on the trap lines I have to believe. The sasquatch is one thing I really believe in and the other stories I have heard is believable as well.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): Checking trap lines.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Big, large build and furry

OTHER NOTES:

FOLLOW UPS:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA: There have been several stories of sightings in this area.

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Fay Easley

Return to “Newfoundland”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting