Sasquatch and salmon

This is for anything not covered by other forums here, it's the general discussion forum.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
joppa

Sasquatch and salmon

Post by joppa » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 pm

I've took a break from online endeavors for awhile and have quietly focused on my local research areas in the mid-south. I've tried to work out the what is the primary diet for Sasquatch ( bear food it seems ) but I'm curious why there aren't more reports of Sasquatch taking advantage of the Salmon runs on the West Coast from Northern California to Alaska. if I was a hungry squatch I would be whacking bears out of the way to get at those 10 pound steel heads and cohos !

So what gives ? Are they night fishermen ? Are we dismissing all the carrion leftovers as only bear leavings ? Where are all the muddy creek side and riverside footprints ? You would think that if the Northwest was covered up with Sasquatch they would be eating Salmon by the bushel. Why would a carnivore which must have enormous caloric needs not be partaking of this incredible bounty ? Or why aren't all the bright west coast researchers hanging around the creeks ? Bear phobia ?

In the South I have seen evidence of hefty eating of frogs, snakes, crawfish and freshwater mussels that I can't always attribute to Bears or rednecks, and if we had salmon down south then I would think that they would be prime Squatch food.

Unless there is a Secret Sasquatch Salmon Stream where they all gather outside Vancouver every year then I must conclude that they are very stealthy fishermen, exceedingly more rare than we think or believe or they just don't like fish .

therealsuperdave

Re: Sasquatch and salmon

Post by therealsuperdave » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Joppa, some hink the hooded nose means they're good swimmers. Maybe the don't associate with the riverbanks the way bears do. Perhaps they fish using their supposedly ability to swim?

BiggJimm
MABRC Forum Administrator
MABRC Forum Administrator

Re: Sasquatch and salmon

Post by BiggJimm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 pm

probably more of a numbers thing. Fish at night (and there are some reports of just that) in areas where people are not normally. No people on a huge stretch of river = no sightings of squatch fishing
The backwoods Mad Scientist

Return to “General Discussion”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting