The problem with Bigfoot hair vs Human Hair

This is for the presentation of physical (bones, casts, markers and other materials) evidence collected throughout the Bigfoot community and placed here for discussion and analysis.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
BiggJimm
MABRC Forum Administrator
MABRC Forum Administrator

The problem with Bigfoot hair vs Human Hair

Post by BiggJimm » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:22 am

fig63.jpg
fig63.jpg (8.96 KiB) Viewed 4605 times
So its a human-like hair without a medulla. So its a possible sasquatch right? No. Not hardly.
This is a hair taken from a perfectly normal human forensics expert, who then posed it on the FBI's
guide to hair studies in forensics. I posted this here to illustrate a real issue which hair morphology's
use in identification.

As it turns out. Humans (and other primates) have medullas (the center portion of the hair shaft, forming
a line down the hair.) about often as they don't. numerous factors affect this. The location of the hair, the
age of the hair, even the race of the individual. But for sometime now the bigfoot community has got it
in their collective mind that bigfoot doesn't have a medulla but a human does. This can be attributed to Dr.
Faranbach trying to come up with a set of standards to gauge it by. However he himself will admit that his
criteria may be inaccurate. But this has led to bigfooters throwing out hair samples with medulla's which as it
turns out may be akin to throwing out the baby with the bath water. Here are some suspected sasquatch
samples from Faranbach.
Fig. 2 with caption.jpg
Notice they look identical to the human's medulla less hair. Further more the discarded Medulla samples
should have mDNA in them. So if some human hair has medulla's; then we should certainly consider the
possibility that sasquatch like us, (and other primates) does as well. This makes a lot more sense. Our
friends at TexLA collected samples in a Oklahoma hot spot that proved unidentifiable, and it clearly had
a medulla. In fact the genetic testing of the sample revealed that the owner was not a known species. It
matched nothing. Bear was ruled out as well. Faranbach declared it bear hair because of the medulla, but
all other scientists who examined the sample stated it was not bear, nor was its genetics.
unknown-chimp-bear.jpg
The TexLA Oklahoma sample compared with a medulla bearing chimp hair and a black bear sample

Here is the kicker. I have several samples that I have collected myself, as well as some of the TexLA sample.
The only real difference between the two is the color. They are the morphologically the same. The scale pattern
and even the medulla's width is the same. Whatever their unknown is, mine is the same species. My analysis is
they are VERY similar to human pubic hair in structure, but much longer (5-6 inches).

It seems to me that no longer should we use the No-Medulla rule as it is a highly fallible criteria.
The backwoods Mad Scientist

Return to “Physical Evidence”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting