About 2 times a year...

This is for anything not covered by other forums here, it's the general discussion forum.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
easttxwood

About 2 times a year...

Post by easttxwood » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:39 pm

I post this question a couple of times a year regarding southeast TX. This time I would like to preface it by adding onto what Rebellistic stated on Big Kansas's research page. The statement referenced BiggJims work in West Ok. The point was that Bf is in places not believed to be in or hotbeds.

I will add places that are underderworked that you wouldn't think that would be the case. Add SE TX to that group. Bob Garrett's boys cover Sam Houston National Forest and some in Northern Liberty county however, as far as I know there is no longer anybody other than myself researchering areas East of Sam Houston on a regular basis. Yes, BFRO has had expeditions in the area or one that I know of that took place at Magnolia Ridge (I believe that's the name) state park a couple of years ago but this is hardly the place id start. Its easily accessed and maintained however it doesn't represent the terrain or breadth of land that would hold BF on a regular basis. This is my opinion and I am no expert.

Where they could be is in the swamp to the north and east of this area which ironically isn't accessible without a canoe or kayak. I know the GCBRO has one of its founders that lives is in this area or has but much what they do regularly is in La. They, I believe still investigate individual sightings and are good at what they do. My point is that Jasper, Hardin, Newton, Liberty, Tyler and Jefferson counties are pretty much left alone. I should say that this what I believe. I live here and have kept my ears and eyes open for research folks to work with and haven't found any.

This area has huge public accessible wooded areas. The Big Thicket National Forest which has been chopped up over the years still has 9.units. and some of them are rarely driven through much less researched on any regular basis. You have the Trinity River National Preserve, Sabine National Preserve and a multitude of state parks and conservancy. There is also Village Creek and Pine island bayou plus Angelica National Forest. I know I am leaving out many other possible haunts but that's all I can think of at the moment. I think there are way more encounters than reports here. The taboo of BF down here is surreal. We are behind the times in this part of TX so BF isn't yet accepted.

For instance my neighbor up by my land in Jasper county was more than irritated when I tried to broach the subject a couple of years back. He is a retired lineman that worked putting up the Big power line right of ways and is seemingly always in the woods hunting or trapping . All I said was had he seen anything strange in the woods and his whole attitude was anger or defensiveness at the question. Who's to say maybe he thought I was talking about poaching but we've talked about that since. He is old school and he hunted to feed his family and so did his daddy. So, I doubt that is what set him off. This is a guy who I have had nothing but admiration and friendship from before and after. I know from other experiences people still get down right mum when anybody brings up the word "Booger" or they simply laugh and it's not with you.

So, is there anybody reading this that is close to my area that would like to look for "Boogers"? I am pretty brave or sort of crazy depending on who you ask.
I should also add that if anyone is thinking about heading down here to look around gimme a shout...I know some of the areas pretty good and have some good idea of where it would make sense that they might be.
Side note: there's a good chance you can outrun me so that's a plus.

admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: About 2 times a year...

Post by admin » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Author: Rebelistic [ Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:15 am ]
Post subject: Re: About 2 times a year...
I know we have a lot of researchers in the Texas area. I know that some of the areas you mentioned in your post our research by some. TherealsuperDave and Gearman are both in those areas. Hopefully they will see your post and get a hold of you. But nonetheless, there are a lot of us who would research on our own. And it is always an option, but you have to be very very careful as there is a lot of dangers out there that we need to be watchful.

Author: therealsuperdave [ Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:58 pm ]
Rebel, I have met and spoken with Tom often. He is much younger and more energetic than I. I am happy to be available to him for advice and conversation, but I can't keep up with his outdoors skills, such as hiking, and kayaking. He's looking for younger, more robust researchers who can endure the outdoor hardships of researching in dense, unfriendly woods. Maybe other forum lurkers (no insult intended) in LA and TX will respond.

Author: Biggjimm [ Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:00 pm ]
Gearmans a bit to the north. I know we also have researchers on the OTHER side of Texas as well

Author: Rebelistic [ Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:15 am ]
therealsuperdave wrote:
Rebel, I have met and spoken with Tom often. He is much younger and more energetic than I. I am happy to be available to him for advice and conversation, but I can't keep up with his outdoors skills, such as hiking, and kayaking. He's looking for younger, more robust researchers who can endure the outdoor hardships of researching in dense, unfriendly woods. Maybe other forum lurkers (no insult intended) in LA and TX will respond.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ok I can understand that.... Unfortunately....

Author: Arklatex [ Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:02 pm ]
therealsuperdave wrote:
That's kinda funny. Just the other day at work, I was creeping along a wall in front of a few co-workers and they asked me what the hell....I was doing. I replied Shhhhhhhhh.......I'm Lurking.....LOL. And I live in LA :o

Return to “General Discussion”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting