Old witness drawing, BFRO Sighting 10771

The Grover Krantz Wing is dedicated to one of the first scientists to truly take the leap into believing Bigfoot exists.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Old witness drawing, BFRO Sighting 10771

Post by admin » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:17 am

%23%20Drawing%201.jpg
Report # 10771 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, February 25, 2005.
Motorist has close roadside observation of animal near Chilhowee campground.
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 1986

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

STATE: Tennessee

COUNTY: Polk County

LOCATION DETAILS: Hwy 64 in Ocoee, TN then take forest road 77 up to Chilhowee campground but do not enter campground stay straight along gravel road toward Greasy Creek N.C. It was about 10 miles down this winding steep dirt forest road I saw HIM!

NEAREST TOWN: Greasy Creek, N.C.

NEAREST ROAD: Forest road 77 off Hwy 64

OBSERVED: I saw what I thought was a bear. Alongside a creek bed at the bottom of a mountain off state forest road 77 in the Cherokee National Forest. About 10 miles down a gravel road past the Chilhowee Campground I stopped to take a break.

I smelled a strong musty urine scent. Then I heard a low deep slow grunt not 25 ft. from me. I looked in the direction of the noise and standing behind some underbrush at the creek, I saw a large black and gray thing standing looking right at me! It's not no bear I thought immediatly. It had a rather large roundish head with a lot of gray on it with a very noticable eyebrow and mustache accent. It's nose was large and mostly flat and blackish in color as well as it's lower lip. I remember it having a large square shaped lower jaw. I was very upset as my heart was pounding like a drum as I worked my way back to my car door, it just stared at me. It's eyes I recall is what scared me the most. They were large also and had a bright brown appearance and I never took my eyes off him.

I saw how really big this thing was when it turned and disappeared into the thick brush. It's shoulders were massive with a very short neck and more gray hair than black hair on his back that seemed to be about 2-3 in. in length. The whole sighting only lasted for 1-2 minutes and I'm glad, but for me I'm in the know. I know something is out there that only another eyewitness could understand. Only bigfoot or whatever you call him will let you get a glimpse, you just have to be ready!

ALSO NOTICED: Strong oder (urine, musty almost a faint sulpher smell mixed in). No other wildlife sounds including birds.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me and bigfoot!

OTHER STORIES: I wrote of my encounter after seeing the story of dredgers in Cherokee National Forest had seen what appears to be of the same type creature in 2000, some 14 years after I saw it! This area is within 20 miles of one another!

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 1 - 4 p.m.

ENVIRONMENT: Creek ran along road at bottom of one of these mountains, thick brush surrounded by thick deciduous forest.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with the witness by phone.

The witness stated that the features in general were very humanlike. After looking at each other for a couple of minutes, he slowly made his way back to the door of his vehicle. As he did so the animal took two steps and left through the brush. The witness could only see the top half of the animal not hidden by vegetation so was unable to describe its movement.

He returned the next day with his uncle to look for evidence and footprints. It had been very dry in the area and nothing was found. They measured the area where the animal had been standing and estimated that it was at least seven feet tall.

The witness supplied these two drawings:

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions. See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.
10771a.jpg
10771a.jpg (14.15 KiB) Viewed 4129 times

Return to “The Grover Krantz Wing”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting