Men of Cryptozoology: Matt Bille

The René Dahinden Wing is dedicated to a no-nonsense Bigfooter who is desperately needed these days for all the wild imaginations that are running wild these days.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Men of Cryptozoology: Matt Bille

Post by admin » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:55 am

Loren Coleman, Cryptomundo wrote:
matt3.jpg
matt3.jpg (23.24 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
Happy Birthday, Matt Bille. You are 51 years young today, and you are being spotlighted on Cryptomundo.

The world of cryptozoological television programs was introduced to Matt Bille during the fall of 2008. He was interviewed as an on-camera expert on mystery bears for an episode of The History Channel’s “MonsterQuest” series. For years before, Matt toiled away on individual cryptozoology and other projects in the twenty years before his appearance. For a half decade, Matt wrote and edited the cryptozoology newsletter Exotic Zoology, from 1994 to 1999. (This name, as I have mentioned before, alludes to the book of material on cryptozoological works by Willy Ley, a hero of Bille’s who happened to be interested in rocket science and romantic zoology.)

Professionally, Matt Bille is a defense policy analyst and freelance science writer living in Colorado Springs, Colorado. A former U. S. Air Force officer (1982-1994), specializing in ballistic missiles, guidance programming, and command & control, he holds a Masters in Space Systems Management. He has published numerous papers and articles on space technology.

In his other field of interest, cryptozoology, he published his first book, Rumors of Existence, in 1995. His first nonfiction book was about the world’s rarest and least known animals and the many new discoveries made in the 20th century, and was published by Hancock House.

His second nonfiction book was on space history. Entitled The First Space Race: Launching the World’s First Satellites (2004), it was published by Texas A&M, under sponsorship from the NASA Chief Historian.

A linked sequel to his first work, his third book, Shadows of Existence, appeared from Hancock House, in 2006. Like his first tome on cryptozoology, this one also covers recently discovered animals, species thought extinct which have been or may be rediscovered, and unconfirmed mystery animals of all types.

Next, Matt returned to his public efforts on behalf of space. Matt presented with Kris Winkler to the AIAA/USU Conference on Small Satellites on “Microspacecraft and the Vision for Space Exploration,” in 2006. On the 50th anniversary of the Sputnik launch, he published (with Erika Lishock), the article “Sputnik – the Human Story,” in Quest magazine.

Then, he appeared on the opening panel of the American Astronautical Society’s Annual Conference in Houston, presenting, “50 Years of Space History: A Resource for the Future,” in 2007.

Matt interests are many, with specialties on space, cryptozoology, and national defense, which he continues to write about at Matt’s Sci-Tech Blog.

What is upcoming for Matt?

Right now, he is finishing a novel (topic unknown), while collecting items for his blog, source volumes for his library, and other original material for his next zoology/cryptozoology book, which has the working title, Edges of Existence. He is shooting for it to be published in 2015.

Otherwise, he keeps aware for local accounts around the Colorado Rockies of sightings of “African lions” and undiscovered bears.
Attachments
shaexi1.jpg
shaexi1.jpg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
rumorslarger1.jpg
rumorslarger1.jpg (14.56 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
exotic_zool.jpg
exotic_zool.jpg (14.89 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
bille.jpg
bille.jpg (6.19 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
image002.jpg
The_First_Space_Race.jpg
The_First_Space_Race.jpg (3.27 KiB) Viewed 3355 times

Return to “The René Dahinden Wing”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting