Crescent City, California

The René Dahinden Wing is dedicated to a no-nonsense Bigfooter who is desperately needed these days for all the wild imaginations that are running wild these days.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Crescent City, California

Post by admin » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:43 am

It was late August 1995. My wife and I went on what we thought would be our dream vacation. We flew into Portland, Oregon, and rented a car at the airport. Our plan was to sight see arouned Portland a few days before continuing with the rest of the vacation. Then we drove Hwy 99 west to Hwy 18 over to I-101 south we were going to take a few days to drive down to San Francisco.

So far everything was going perfect. We put lots of miles behind us before stoping in Crescent City, California that night. We stayed in a hotel just across the street from the marina.
We had dinner at the hotel restaurant while we talked about the day's adventures and what we were planning for tomorrow. Then we went back to the room to get some sleep before getting up early and starting on our way. I'm a truck driver by trade and I like to get started early before the mourning traffic starts. We jumped in the car and south on 101.

It took only one minute and Mary was asleep but she told me to wake her if I saw something for her to look at. It wasn't too long after that when I spotted a beach with black sand so I pulled over and put the car in park and shut it off. I was going to wake Mary up and see if she wanted to take a walk on the beach. I just started to turn arouned when I saw something moving out the corner of my eye. I turned to see this big thing standing right in front of my car at first I thought it was a bear until our eyes met. I could'nt move or speak, we just locked eyes for what seemed to be forever. It stood about 6½ to 7 ft, dark brown matted hair, and was holding what looked to be sea weed which it used both hands to carry.

It didn't seem startled in fact I felt it was looking at me with anger in its eyes. It let go a snort and a glob of snot hit the windshield right in front of my face. It then took 3 or 4 steps and completly crossed the highway while it was still looking at me. It was then when I heard the squeal of tires and the beeping of a horn. The thing disappeared into the woods and I knew I wasn't the only one to see it that day. I was back on the road in a flash not even going to ask the other driver if he or she was ok. About a mile down the road a 4 wheel drive pulled up behind me with flashers on so I pulled over to the side thinking I was getting a ticket. But it was the other driver I walked to his jeep and we started to talk about the event, then my wife started to get out of the car and I told him not to say anything. I just told her I was asking questions about places to see along the way. I never told anyone about that day which I still lose sleep over. And I wish I got that guy's name and number because now I would like to talk about it. Maybe by putting the story on your web page I will find the other driver. Hope you can help.

SLEEPLESS in Pennysylvannia

Return to “The René Dahinden Wing”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting