Bigfoot in the Adirondacks

The René Dahinden Wing is dedicated to a no-nonsense Bigfooter who is desperately needed these days for all the wild imaginations that are running wild these days.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Bigfoot in the Adirondacks

Post by admin » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:45 am

Delaware County, New York

Back in the late 1970s, my parents purchased an old farmhouse that was built in 1880 in a town called South Kortright, NY. The house sat on seven acres of a beautiful valley in the middle of the Adirondack Mountains.

The farmhouse was in disrepair when they purchased it, but over the years they fixed it up into a very comfortable weekend and summer retreat from the urban bustle of the New York City area, where we lived. The trip took three and one-half to four hours every Friday night, but my sister and I didn't mind it at all.

One night, after we arrived at approximately nine at night, my sister and I sat at the kitchen table eating sandwiches for dinner while my parents had cocktails in the front living room.

The kitchen was at the rear of the house and the windows faced a drop-off in the property which ran down to a clear running stream. As I was eating my dinner, I was gazing out the window. It was a dark, overcast and moonless October night.

As I turned my head from facing my sister, I looked out the window, which was twelve feet from where I was sitting, and there, illuminated from the light spilling out of the kitchen, was a huge, ape-like face staring back at me.

It had a broad, wide face, with no discernable neck and shoulders that spread out beyond the four foot wide window. The brow of the creature was heavy and I do not recall any expression on the creature’s face. It was clearly and most obviously a Bigfoot, but what was different from any description that I had heard before about a Bigfoot was that the hair of this creature was more orange-like, not brown or black.

At this point I yelled and motioned to the window and my sister turned and saw the creature as well. We both yelled for my parents, but when they got there, the creature was gone.
My father and I took flashlights and went outside to look for it, but the ground was too hard due to a cold autumn that year.

What we did realize, however, was that the creature would have to be over nine feet tall for its face to be visible through the window at the kitchen, since the basement level was exposed at that part of the house, as the farmhouse was built into a hill.

My parents never believed my sister and I, especially since the color of the beast was orange, but about two weeks later we read a local paper in which a farmer said he spotted a big hairy creature breaking into his henhouse and stealing chickens. The color of the creature's hair? Orange!

Brian

Return to “The René Dahinden Wing”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting