West Virginia IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: West Virginia IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:22 am

IBS Report #: 857

Sighting Type: 3

Latitude: +038˚ 07' N
Longitude: 082˚ 35' W
Day:
Month: EARLY FALL
Year: 1979 TO 83
Time:
Elevation: 580

Data Source: TR85
Credibility: 0
Locality: WV WAYNE COUNTY
Researcher: WITNESS
Witness: WITNESS

Summary: VOCALIZATION

Sighting Text:
WV WAYNE 1979 TR#85 38.07N 082 35W ELV 580 FT Also, witness recalls when 14 in 1979 until 1983, he, neighbors and family used to hear long moaning-howling noises coming from the woods on the hill in the early fall during high-school football games. After the games, father, brother and witness would sit on the porch after games and try and figure out what was making the howling noises. They never did, but hearing a Bigfoot special on A&E, witness heard the same long moanful sounds on one of the Moneymaker Internet sites. One fellow that heard the sounds on the hill was spooked, and ordered his family in the house while he guarded the porch with a rifle for three days.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

IBS Report #: 855

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude: +038˚ 07' N
Longitude: 082˚ 35' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1982
Time: 9 PM
Elevation: 580

Data Source: TR85
Credibility: 2
Locality: FORT GAY
Researcher: WITNESS
Witness: 5 PEOPLE

Sighting Type: 1
Summary: 7 FT BF VOCALIZED, DARK BROWN FUR, COVERED FACE FROM LIGHTS

Sighting Text:
WV WAYNE 1982 TR#85 38.07N 082 35W ELV 580 FT * Fort Gay, West Virginia, Sept. 1982. Quarter mile north of town on Hewlett Branch Road, about four miles west of Rt. 152. At a clearing above an old cemetery. Witness and four others had joy rode to the area about 9 PM, and heard local dogs start barking, and just as suddenly they stopped. Then they heard something moving in the brush and witness saw a shadow (thot a barn owner). The 7 foot thing then stood up on the edge of the area and huffed and grunted. It was covered in dark brown fur and looked like a pro basketball player. The girl was screaming and friends were piling in the car. When the headlights hit the thing if covered its face to shield its eyes and quickly sped behind some trees and thick brush. Witness never did see its face. The area at one time was considered by native Indians.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report 3408 is missing

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:23 am

IBS Report #: 3356

Latitude: +040˚ 04' N
Longitude: 080˚ 42' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1856
Time:
Elevation: 669

Data Source: TR 86 APR 1999 The Unexplained
Credibility: 3
Locality: East Wheeling
Researcher: Jim Lee
Witness: LOCAL

Summary: 10 FT 9 IN SKELETON FOUND, BULLETS IN SKULL

Sighting Text:
TR 86 APR 1999 * Jim Lee in Ohio on bones. JLee725905@aol.com There are several reports of anomalous "human" remains being found. Though they cause comment at the time, they're eventually determined to be the remains of freakishly proportioned humans. Have Sasquatch remains ever been found? Probably several. Have they been recognized for what they are? Almost certainly not. Some examples from page 151 of Dr. Karl Shuker's book, The Unexplained. 1856: Local newspapers report the finding of a decayed skeleton in what is now East Wheeling, West Virginia. The skeleton was 10 feet 9 inches tall. When three bullets were found in the skull it was dismissed as a hoax (maybe Daniel Boone got him).
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting