Virginia IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Virginia IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:11 am

IBS Report #: 2404

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day: 11
Month: MAR
Year: 1995
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR 50 AUG 95
Credibility: 4
Locality: NR MANASSAS-THE WILDERNESS BATTLEFIELD
Researcher: BD
Witness: BD

Summary: 7 FT BROWN BF BEHIND TREE, 12 IN TRACKS, TREE BROKEN

Sighting Text:
TR 50 AUG 95 * On March 11th, 1995, a witness was in “The Wilderness," a Civil War site near Manassas, VA. He and two friends, all involved in national security, were running their metal detectors as a hobby. Their immediate goal was some old mines dating back to the 1850's and apparently untouched since then. There were lots of mine shafts and such around, the witness noted. The area was in a little used- rifle-range, and there were lots of shooting-blinds around As they were leaving, having found only some slag near the mine area and some old tools, they were 'walking down a hard-packed, dirt, logging road. Suddenly, one of the men, an ex-point man in Vietnam with three tours, held up his hand to halt, explaining there was someone behind a tree…they thought it was a poacher. A hairy creature peeked out from behind the tree, 100 feet away, and then bolted to another tree. Again after peeking out, it bolted to another tree 30 yards away, and then turned, and headed down a ravine, and was gone. The whole scenario played out in 10-15 seconds in good light and clear skies. The hair on the creature looked like it was long and stiff, like the brush in a car-wash. The 7 foot brownish black, gray at the chest, and brown gray in the face, creature walked erect on two feet. Generally it looked like a human. The following weekend they revisited the place where they had seen the narrow waisted creature about 3:30 PM. The land, leading down to a 15-20 acre swamp, is owned by a paper company. Searching, they found tracks that were about 12 inches long and 5 inches wide along a game trail, and they had curious "cleat" like marks in them. The most curious thing they found was a 6 1/2 inch pine tree that had been broken. They noticed 10-12 inches up the trunk where some bark was missing, and concluded that the creature had used it as a pivot point when running after hitting it with one foot, turning at an acute angle and running in a different direction...in effect, disappearing. Talking to a farmer nearby, they learned that it was possible the creature had followed them out, as he said the dogs had been barking in the early hours and waking him up.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

Re: Virginia IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:11 am

IBS Report #: 2490

Sighting Type: 2

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day: 2 AND 3
Year: 1996
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR 55 MAR 96
Credibility: 3
Locality: The Wilderness, a Civil War site near Manassas
Researcher: BILL D.
Witness: BILL D. DAUGHTER

Sighting Type: 2
Summary: 13.5 AND 14 IN TRACKS OF TWO BF, TWISTED BRANCHES, WOOD ON WOOD

Sighting Text:
TR 55 MAR 96 * In TR #50 a witness discussed an area called The Wilderness, a Civil War site near Manassas, VA. He has been actively studying the area since that sighting, and reports that his daughter found tracks in the area again in early March, the 2 and 3rd. There were two creatures that walked in the snow leaving tracks of different sizes in single file. Casts were taken with photos of them, plus the finding of twisted branches...the trailing branch ends he thinks are trail indicators as they lead to a trail. The 13 1/2-14 inch tracks, striding 51 inches from heel to heel, and 1 1/2 inches deep, led to a brushy archway, where the trail was noted to go 75-80 yards in a zigzag pattern through the woods. Had another call from Virginia. The witness had returned to The Wilderness with a friend to retrieve the plaster tracks on Sunday, March 10th, and had another incident occur. They heard sharp, loud, rapping. There were about 15 raps, a pause, and then recurring again, happening a dozen or more times, and there was a tendency for the noise to circle them. They thought it might be a warning of some kind. A human-type plaster track was presented to an orthopedist, who pronounced them as being human, and even noted calluses.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:12 am

2953 HIGHLAND dentist Bob Helton , 1995 TR 73 JAN 98. 3
BF LOOKS IN WINDOW, SHAKE TRAILER

(Report is missing)

admin

IBS Report #: 606

Latitude: +038˚ 24' N
Longitude: 079˚ 34' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1996
Time:
Elevation: 2881

Data Source: TR73
Credibility: 1
Locality: near Monterey
Researcher: Bob Helton
Witness: DENTIST

Summary: 2 BF LOOK IN WINDOW OF TRAILER AND SHOOK IT.

Sighting Text:
VA HIGHLAND 1996 TR#73 * Bob Helton reports that a dentist at hunting camp near Monterey, Virginia, was in a mobile home when two creatures looked in the window. They also shook the trailer. This was two years ago, and there hadn’t been anything since, but all of a sudden activity is starting again.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: MONTEREY 2.8 2.9 3.7 3.4 3.9 3.7 3.7 3.5 3.3 3.5 3.2 2.9 40.5
Temp: MONTEREY 25.9 28.4 37.4 46.0 55.9 63.1 67.3 65.8 59.9 49.5 40.1 30.7 47.5
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 718

Latitude: +037˚ 03' N
Longitude: 080˚ 26' W
Day: 30
Month: MAY
Year: 1998
Time: 6:30 PM
Elevation:

Data Source: TR79
Credibility: 2
Locality: Brush Creek Road, RINER
Researcher: LADY
Witness: LADY AND HUSBAND

Summary: 5-6 FT BF IN MIDDLE OF ROAD, LURCHED INTO WOODS

Sighting Text:
VA MONTGOMERY 1998 TR#79 * Posted to Internet. On May 30th, 1998, at 6:30 PM, on Dobbins Hollow Road, Montgomery County, Riner, VA, a lady and her husband were headed towards their home on Brush Creek Road and saw a creature in the middle of the road between a creek and a tree farm. 5-6 feet tall, hunched, hairy except face, the creature looked at them, then lurched to the woods.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3142

Latitude: +037˚ 04' N
Longitude: 080˚ 26' W
Day: 30
Month: MAY
Year: 1998
Time: 6:30 PM
Elevation: 2080

Data Source: TR 79 JUN 98
Credibility: 3
Locality: Riner
Researcher: CRC
Witness: lady and her husband

Summary: 5-6 FT BF INMIDDLE OF ROAD

Sighting Text:
TR 79 JUN 98 * Posted to Internet. On may 30th, 1998, at 6:30 PM, on Dobbins Hollow Road, Montgomery County, Riner, VA, a lady and her husband were headed towards their home on Brush Creek Road and saw a creature in the middle of the road between a creek and a tree farm. 5-6 feet tall, hunched, hairy except face, the creature looked at them, then lurched to the woods.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun: Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for (longitude W80.4, latitude N37.1): Saturday 30 May 1998 Universal Time SUN Begin civil twilight 09:34 Sunrise 10:04 Sun transit 17:19 Sunset 00:35 on following day End civil twilight 01:05 on following day MOON Moonrise 13:55 on preceding day Moonset 04:11 Moonrise 14:54 Moon transit 21:55 Moonset 04:52 on following day Phase of the Moon on 30 May: waxing crescent with 25% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated. First quarter Moon on 2 June 1998 at 01:44 Universal Time.
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 1149

Latitude: +038˚ 18' N
Longitude: 077˚ 45' W
Day:
Year: 1997
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR96
Locality: WILDERNESS, 15 MILES FROM CULPEPPER
Researcher: RIP LYTTLE
Witness: BILL DRANGINIS

Summary: BF SEEN, STICK STRUCTURES

Sighting Text:
VA ORANGE 1997 TR96 381856N 0774513W * Rip Lyttle Report. Bill Dranginis is the guy who saw one in Wilderness, VA, 15 miles from Culpepper 3 years ago. He's very industrious and has gone back repeatedly with sophisticated cameras and video equipment. The overall area is a 5 by 5 mile forest bisected by two rivers-the Rappahannock, and the Rapidam. It's ravinny bottomland thickly wooded. This area is lush with wildlife. we saw beaver, deer, turkey, wood duck, and snake in two hours. I've traveled to the area with Fred Grimmnitz, a guy from Rockville, MD. All sorts of sophisticated stick structures in the very area of the sighting. We camped there on a side creek above a beaver pond off the Rapidam last Saturday night
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: beaver, deer, turkey, wood duck, and snake

admin

IBS Report #: 1150

Latitude: +038˚ 18' N
Longitude: 077˚ 45' W
Day: 25
Year: 2000
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR96
Locality: WILDERNESS, 15 MI FROM CULPEPPER
Researcher: RIP LYTTLE
Witness: BILL DRANGINIS

Summary: BF SEEN, VOCALIZATION

Sighting Text:
VA 2000 TR96 ORANGE 381856N 0774513W * Rip Lyttle Report. Bill Dranginis is the guy who saw one in Wilderness, VA, 15 miles from Culpepper 3 years ago. He's very industrious and has gone back repeatedly with sophisticated cameras and video equipment. The overall area is a 5 by 5 mile forest bisected by two rivers-the Rappahannock, and the Rapidam. It's ravinny bottomland thickly wooded. This area is lush with wildlife. we saw beaver, deer, turkey, wood duck, and snake in two hours. I've traveled to the area with Fred Grimmnitz, a guy from Rockville, MD. All sorts of sophisticated stick structures in the very area of the sighting. We camped there on a side creek above a beaver pond off the Rapidam last Saturday night ***(3/25/00). Same month of year of Bill's sighting 3 years ago. In late afternoon we walked through old logging roads a mile down to the Rapidam. When we came back to the campsite I went back the way we came on the old logging and utility road that ran along the ridge. Fred and Bill took the direct route from the river up and down through the 70' ravines. On the way back going through thick mountain laurel Fred's hair stood up and he was away from Bill a little ways. Bill was miked with data and at that time heard and recorded a big creature that moved away from him and jumped a stream. Two hours later after dinner at the campfire we heard the classic stick break and then quickly another and that was it after that for the night. Other than major league dog barking and sometimes barks growls we couldn't identify. At one point around 11 they were still far off but seemed to be moving our way. From the outside where there was a road was maybe a mile from where we camped. We've heard/seen dogs in there before on earlier trips and a pair actually tracked us and came right around a corner into us at the river. On one of the earlier trips we found a mound of almost termite type sawdust. The mound was really out of place, stood about 10 feet high, 20 feet around. Not an area where you could get a truck in. Nothing grew on it yet it looked old and high small 2" trees going up straight through it. It was in a low open forest vine area with small trees. Peter Byrne discussed the same type of mound (he found one in So. Oregon)in his book. We will send you a photo attachment in a week. Rip Lyttle
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: It's ravinny bottomland thickly wooded. This area is lush with wildlife. we saw beaver, deer, turkey, wood duck, and snake in two hours

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:13 am

3918 ORANGE Bill Dranginnis Rip Lyttle MAR, 2000 TR 96 APR 2000 3
, STICK STRUCTURES, STICKS BROKEN

(Report is missing)

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting