Tennessee IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: Tennessee IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:03 am

IBS Report #: 986

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude: +036˚ 11' N
Longitude: 085˚ 27' W
Day:
Month:
Year: M
Time:
Elevation: 1112

Data Source: TR90
Credibility: 5
Locality: ALGOOD
Researcher: MARY GREEN
Witness: MISC

Summary: 8 FT BF LOOKS IN UPPER WINDOWS, CARS SHOOK-FACE LOOKS IN, TALL BLACK HAIRY BF INSIDE BARN

Sighting Text:
TN TR#90 * Mary Green How I got interested in Bigfoot! I know exactly when the Bigfoot fever hit me. I had spent years trying to figure out what people were telling me they saw here in Tennessee in my neck of the woods. We called it a wild man or panthers due to the ungodly screams that pierced the night. When two huge eyes kept looking through a very high bedroom window at my teenage daughters, we'd break our necks to get outside and see what friend of there's was trying to scare them. By the time the girls screamed, we got out of bed and ran out the door there was nothing there to be seen. We puzzled over how someone could get that high to look in. Some one had to be at least 8 foot tall we estimated or a couple of boys with one standing on the others shoulders? There was nothing under the window for them to climb up on. Then cars being shook late at night with a gorilla like face peering in at the occupants making out in the back seat. A friend going to her trap line and seeing something tall, black, hairy and stinky lurking just inside the barn door and it literally scared her white as a sheet when it growled at her. I kept trying to tell myself all were just seeing things. I had HEARD much. The whining noises just out of sight and crying like a baby. You could search and follow for half a mile or more and then never find what was making this noise. The list went on and on and not ONCE did we ever associate these goings on with a Bigfoot until I went online! I was searching for the Bigfoot mailing service and then saw other links to Bigfoot the creature. The more I read the more my eyes were open and I realized what people were seeing here could indeed be a Bigfoot. Then my search started in earnest. That's how I became interested and more or less obsessed with trying to find one and prove to myself that the creature here was a Bigfoot and not some other form of animal. I feel very fortunate to have seen one now and know that indeed we have Bigfoot here in Tennessee. Mary Green
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

IBS Report #: 645

Sighting Type: 2

Latitude: +035˚ 42' N
Longitude: 083˚ 30' W
Day:
Month: SUMMER
Year: 1970'S
Time:
Elevation: 1289

Data Source: TR75
Credibility: 1
Locality: Gatlinburg, GREAT SMOKEY MOUNTAINS NAT PARK
Researcher: Teresa Fisher
Witness: Teresa Fisher STEPDAUGHTER TERRI, HUSB. STEVE

Sighting Type: 2
Summary: VOCALIZATION TWO CREATURES OR MORE, NEAR TENTS, TRACK

Sighting Text:
TN 1970’S TR#75 GREAT SMOKEY MOUNTAINS NAT PARK * Vacation from Hell - by Teresa Fisher This story was told to me around 1980 by a young woman who was, at that time, my step- daughter. The passing years have dimmed the details in my memory, but I have no doubt that the story is true. Some time in the ’70s my step-daughter, Terri, and her husband, Steve, went on a camping vacation with another young couple. They intended to spend some time at Gatlinburg, Tennessee, and then set up camp in the Smokey Mountains. The men planned to hike across the Smokies. From the beginning, it was a vacation from hell. The first surprise was that the other couple brought their baby along. The second surprise was that the other man forgot to bring his wallet, requiring Steve to loan him half of the money he brought. The third and biggest surprise was the size of the Smokey Mountains. The men had no idea just how much strenuous hiking would be required, and they didn’t realize that the National Park Service takes a very dim view of ill-prepared, unregistered hikers striking out across the mountains. The women went to the welcome center after the men started their hike, and were told in no uncertain terms that they must intercept their husbands. The rangers told the women where and when they would be likely to find the men crossing a mountain road, so they went there and waited in the summer heat. They couldn’t leave the car because there were bears in the area. As night fell with no sign of the men, the women took the now fussy baby and went back to camp. It rained, everything got soaked, and the drenched, exhausted men finally showed up at camp, angry because the women had not managed to rescue them from their folly. Everyone was getting fussy. The next day they broke camp and moved on, hoping for a change in luck and a place to do some canoeing. They found an ideal spot, the location of which I can’t recall. It was either in Tennessee or Georgia. They should have been suspicious to discover that a lovely campground was deserted in the middle of summer, but they were so happy to find the spot that they didn’t ask questions. And anyway, there was no one available to answer any questions. The ranger hut had a sign on its door that said, "Back in ten minutes," but no ranger ever returned. After the previous series of mishaps (including some I have forgotten and some I simply didn’t mention), the vacationers spent a wonderful day camping and canoeing. Their luck appeared to have changed for the better. Night came, and the tired campers went to bed early, each couple in their own tent. *** Steve fell quickly into a deep slumber, but before Terri had a chance to doze, she heard a faraway sound. It was an animal, loudly calling "wooooh" in a baritone voice. Shortly after there was a similar reply from another direction, in a soprano voice. There followed a series of calls and replies, with the sounds getting closer and closer. Terri was terrified, but chose not to wake Steve. Eventually she could hear the sounds of several animals rustling around just a few feet from the tents. One can maintain terror for only so long, and eventually she grew weary of awaiting death and fell asleep. The next morning Terri discussed the frightening events with the others. The woman had heard the same noises and had been as scared as Terri was, but the men had heard nothing and so dismissed the whole thing as the women’s imaginations. *** Before they got started with the day’s activities, one of the men went to get something from the car. Near the car was a large footprint—a very large footprint. Terri and the men examined it, but kept its existence a secret from the other woman due to her pregnancy. The footprint was so large, they thought it might scare her enough to harm her unborn child. The giant footprint was the final blow to the doomed vacation; they packed up and went home. If you are ever looking for a nice place to camp some summer and you come upon an empty campground, consider that there just might be a good reason no one else is there.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: GATLINBURG 4.9 4.6 5.8 4.6 4.7 5.3 6.4 5.3 3.5 3.2 3.6 4.3 56.2
Temp: GATLINBURG 34.7 37.6 46.8 54.5 62.4 69.4 72.7 71.8 66.2 55.2 46.6 38.5 54.7
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 437

Latitude: +035˚ 12' N
Longitude: 082˚ 52' W
Day:
Month:
Year: MISG
Time:
Elevation: 757

Data Source: Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place
Credibility: 2
Locality: Shelby County (Memphis is in Shelby )
Researcher: PLACE
Witness: James Stevens

Summary: BF squatting beside road; reared up and chased pickup truck,

Sighting Text:
James Stevens; Shelby County; TN. Saw BF squatting beside road; as pickup passed; it reared up and chased after him. .“Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place,
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: Memphis 4.6 4.5 5.3 5.6 5.0 3.9 4.0 3.4 3.3 2.9 4.9 5.3 52.7
Temp: Memphis 39.6 44.1 53.1 62.8 71.1 79.0 82.6 81.0 74.1 63.0 52.3 43.7 62.2
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 1225

Latitude: +035˚ 39' N
Longitude: 089˚ 44' W
Day: 2
Month: JULY
Year: 2000
Time:
Elevation: 285

Data Source: TR99
Credibility:
Locality: Near Ft Pillow State Prison
Researcher:
Witness: FISHERMAN

Summary: DARK BLACK BF HUNCHED BEHIND BUSH

Sighting Text:
TN TIPTON 2000 TR99 BFRO* July 2, ‘00. Tipton County, TN. Near Ft Pillow State Prison a fisherman trolling with wife saw a dark black bulky body hunched over behind a bush watching them. Lauderdale populated place 353948N 0894420W
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting