Pennsylvania IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Pennsylvania IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:43 am

a.jpg
a.jpg (6.48 KiB) Viewed 8560 times
890 POLICE OFFICER Steve Anderson , 1996 TR86 Keystone Sasquatch Report 1
BF SEEN AT CLOSE RANGE, OFFICER BUMPS HEAD AND KNOCKS SELF OUT [Full Report]

980 ADAMS R.M. CRC JUN, 1997 TR90 1
VOCALIZATION [Full Report]

1006 ADAMS T. KELLEY T. KELLEY LATE OCT, 1997 PREDAWN DARKNESS TR91 3
7-8 FT BROWN BF SPOOKS DEER, SMALLER BF DRAGGING CHILD, ODOR, VOCALIZATION, [Full Report]

455 ALLEGHANEY UNK PLACE M, MISG ..“Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place 2
BF drinking from swimming pool [Full Report]

799 BERKS Avis D., William D.,Sharon B. Rip Lyttle NOV, 1998 9:30 PM TR83 1
BLACK BF SEEN LIMPING ON ROAD, FIRE RED EYES [Full Report]

736 CAMBRIA Tom Johnson, Joe Nemanich Joe Nemanich , 1994 TR80 2
DARK BROWN 400# BF CROSSES HIGHWAY [Full Report]

1160 CLEARFIELD D.N. BFRO M, 1975 6 PM R96 2
BF CROSS ROAD, DARK BROWN, GRAB BRANCHES WHEN GOING UPHILL [Full Report]

1051 CLEARFIELD 5 HUNTERS Rich La Monica, STEVE ANDERSON , MISG TR92- INDIANA, PA, NEWSPAPER 1
5 HUNTERS DISAPPEAR. 3 HAD BEEN TORN APART, 2 NEVER FOUND, BLOOD TEN FEET HIGH IN TREES, EMPTY GUNS FOUND [Full Report]

452 FAYETTE UNK PLACE MAY, 1970 9:30 PM Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place 3
BF with reddish brown shaggy hair, [Full Report]

900 FAYETTE WITNESS WITNESS EARLY NOV, 1984` TR86 1
WITNESS WATCHED FEELING, ODOR, POSSIBLE GLIMPSE OF BF [Full Report]

628 FAYETTE Christopher AND COUSIN Henry Franzoni JULY, 1997 TR74 3
8 FT BROWN BF RUNS IN FRONT OF WITNESS ON RECATIONAL VEHICLE, TREES SHAKEN, VOCALIZATION [Full Report]

453 FAYETTE UNK PLACE M, MISG Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place 2
Mention of BF sighting from Smock; Franklin TWP [Full Report]

454 FAYETTE PLACE M, MISG M Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place 2
Mention of BF from Republic in Restone twp [Full Report]

955 FRANKLIN J.J.P. BFRO Dawn Harrack APR, 1996 TR89 1
VOCALIZATION LIKE BIRD, FEELING OF BEING WATCHED [Full Report]

543 INDIANA IUP STUDENT Sam Sherry JUL, 1997 TR70 2
7-8 FT BROWN BF WENT TO LAKE AND DRANK WITH HANDS [Full Report]

654 INDIANA STAN GORDON Sam Sherry , 1998 TR75 STAN GORDON ARTICLE IN PAPER 1
8-9 FT BF, WHITE FUR, 3 TOED TRACK [Full Report]

789 INDIANA UNK Sam Sherry , 1998 TR82 Ligonier Echo 1
BF REPORTED [Full Report]

365 LEBANON HIKERS Dr. Paul Johnson JUN, 1994 TR#51 The Creature Research Journal 3
BF on cliff over stream was pushing a large rock; 7 1/1 ft;long brown hair, [Full Report]

1038 MISG BRUCE, SCOTT AND FIANCEE CRC , 1999 TR92 1
TREE LIMB THROWN [Full Report]

1894 MONROE Sam Sherry; Sam Sherry; , 1995 TR#47-Apr’95 2
Screaming; BF seen-tri brown colored thing with gray streaks; odor;long matted hair;8-9ft, [Full Report]

456 UNK UNK PLACE , UNK .“Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; PLACE 2
BF feeding on deer carcass;dogs charged and were thrown into water [Full Report]

215 WASHINGTON UNK Samuel J. Sherry, Paul Johnson JAN, 1995 TR#44-Feb’95, 2
BF crossed road, [Full Report]

216 WESTMORELAND Bob France Sam Sherry report DEC, 1974 TR#44-Feb’95 2
Vocalization, [Full Report]

1056 WESTMORELAND 3 FAMILY MEMBERS Chaz Villwock OCT, 1999 TR93 2
6 FT DARK REDDISH BROWN BF CROSSES ROAD TO WOODS, ANKLES BUSHY [Full Report]

1086 WESTMORELAND LADY IN CAR RON SCHAFFNER OCT, 1999 DUSK APPROACHING TR94 3
6 FT BF CROSSED ROAD TO WOODS, REDDISH BROWN, BUSHY HAIR AT ANKLES, CONE HEAD, NO ODOR [Full Report]

1869 WESTMORLAND SAM SHERRY BILL BRANN MAR, 1993 TR30 1
3 TOED CASTING WITH CLAWS [Full Report]

admin

Re: Pennsylvania IBS Sighting Reports

IBS Report #: 890

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month:
Year: 1996
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR86 Keystone Sasquatch Report
Credibility: 1
Locality: Conemangh Ball Park
Researcher: Steve Anderson
Witness: POLICE OFFICER

Summary: BF SEEN AT CLOSE RANGE, OFFICER BUMPS HEAD AND KNOCKS SELF OUT

Sighting Text:
PA 1996 TR#86 * Have issue #2 of The Keystone Sasquatch Report at hand. Steve Anderson, editor, comments that Joe N. told of a police officer that often scoffed at Bigfoot reports. One night in 1996 he had his own encounter. One of his duties was locking the Conemangh Ball Park, Penn., when players had gone. A grunt came from the darkness, and turning around, the officer saw a Bigfoot only a few feet away. Terrified, he jumped back, smacked his head on the car’s open door and knocked himself out. Later, after being released from the Hospital, he wasn’t the one to laugh at people who said that they had seen a Bigfoot. One nice thing...Sam Sherry of Ligonier, PA, has been named the Honorary President of the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society. “Sam is our hero,” Steve and co-editor Hank Benton said. Hey...Sam has contributed a lot to the WBS over the years also...thanks Sam, and hope BF comes back to the Chestnut Ridge....tho Sam just sent a news clip that says the creature is back and raiding a honey tree...thanks Sam. Steve says the official publication of the Penn. Bigfoot Soc. can be obtained for $10.00 subscription and membership. He says send cash only to PO Box 236, Timblin, PA 15778, phone 814-256-0017; http://www.groundhog.net/sdn. Also send articles, photos, letters and donations.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

IBS Report #: 980

Sighting Type: 3

Latitude: +039˚ 59' N
Longitude: 077˚ 21' W
Day:
Month: JUN
Year: 1997
Time: DUSK
Elevation: 1800

Data Source: TR90
Locality: MICHAUX STAE FOREST, 7 MI N OF RT 30 ON RT 233N
Researcher: CRC
Witness: R.M.

Summary: VOCALIZATION

Sighting Text:
PA ADAMS 1997 TR#90 * R.M. in June, 1997, was in Michaux State Forest, Adams Co., PA. It was at dusk, on Rt. 233N, 7 miles N. of Rt. 30. R.M. was on deck and heard very loud howl, similar to howler monkey, but strength was phenomenal. The two howls were moving south, away from house. It was not a cougar or a bear. The area is on a ridge in pine forest at 1800 ft.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: PINE FOREST

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:44 am

IBS Report #: 1006

Latitude: +039˚ 59' N
Longitude: 077˚ 21' W
Day: M
Month: LATE OCT
Year: 1997
Time: PREDAWN DARKNESS
Elevation: M

Data Source: TR91
Credibility: 3
Locality: MICHAUX STATE FOREST NEAR TICK TOCK AND PINE RIDGE LANE
Researcher: T. KELLEY
Witness: T. KELLEY

Summary: 7-8 FT BROWN BF SPOOKS DEER, SMALLER BF DRAGGING CHILD, ODOR, VOCALIZATION,

Sighting Text:
PN ADAMS 1997 TR#91 * BFRO report by T. Kelly. Bigfothunt@aol.com Bigfothunt@aol.com, Adams County, Penn., Late October 1997. Near witness residence, Michaux State Forest near Tick Tock and Pine Ridge Lane. Area is forest of white pine and oak with plenty of mountain laurel and rhododendron. Witness was bow hunting half mile from home in predawn darkness to where he had seen deer sign previously. Weather was nice with no wind, cool, ground crunchy. 200 yards from the tree stand there was a howl-like noise. Thinking it was a wild dog or coyote, witness continued. 25 feet from tree stand, witness was watching woods when near daybreak four does came running within 15 yards, spooked by something. Two minutes later there was an approaching crunching and witness noted several flashes of brown hair through the thick laurel...then witness saw a bipedal 7-8 foot tall creature with matted hair all over it, run by, never stopping. Then there were more sounds approaching, and two more Bigfeet came very fast. These stopped and witness had a good look. One seemed quite a bit smaller than the first creature and it was dragging a baby Bigfoot along with it, following the larger creature. After they had left there was a foul, garbage-like smell in the air
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Area is forest of white pine and oak with plenty of mountain laurel and rhododendron

admin

IBS Report #: 455

Latitude: +040˚ 31' N
Longitude: 079˚ 57' W
Month: M
Year: MISG
Time: M
Elevation: 1246

Data Source: ..“Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place
Credibility: 2
Locality: Pittsburgh area near Hampton-Shaler-Richland,
Researcher: PLACE
Witness: UNK

Summary: BF drinking from swimming pool

Sighting Text:
BF drinking from swimming pool, BF sighting mentioned from Penn; Pittsburgh area near Hampton-Shaler-Richland; Creature seen drinking from swimming pool and playhing around a woodpile..“Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: Pittsburg 5.3 3.3 4.2 3.6 3.3 8.1 3.8 1.6 3.1 1.5 5.5 3.5 46.8
Temp: Pittsburg 26.2 28.8 39.4 49.5 59.4 67.8 72.0 70.3 63.9 52.3 42.3 31.6 50.2
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 799

Latitude: +040˚ 30' N
Longitude: 075˚ 41' W
Day: 27
Month: NOV
Year: 1998
Time: 9:30 PM
Elevation:

Data Source: TR83
Locality: 15 MILES FROM HANCOCK ON ROUTE 522 SOUTH
Researcher: Rip Lyttle
Witness: Avis D., William D.,Sharon B.

Summary: BLACK BF SEEN LIMPING ON ROAD, FIRE RED EYES

Sighting Text:
PA BERKS 1998 TR#83 40 30N 075 41W * Rip Lyttle of MD has sent us a report. Four people had an experience. Avis D., William D., Sharon B., and Louis B. While returning from the West Virginia vs Pitt football game at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, PA. on Friday, November 27, 1998, my Husband William missed the 70 East exit from the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Knowing that my husband was starting to get tired, I took over driving. I proceeded on Route 522 South. This was a dark two lane winding road. The average speed was about 40 miles per hour. It was between 9:15pm and 9:30 pm and I keep commenting about the dark road. I said to everyone that the road was so dark that the next thing we know, Big Foot was going to step out. I can't say for sure how many minutes after that , three of us saw what we think was a Sasquatch. The Sasquatch was walking toward my truck on the shoulder of the other side of the two- lane road. I did not see him approaching. When I saw him he made about two steps and was directly parallel to my truck. He was walking with an ape motion but when I got parallel to him he stopped. He was very very black with a red tongue and red inner mouth. He appeared to be young and man size. When he looked at me he was hunched over slightly, his head was tilted slightly upward, therefore I could estimate that he was man size because he not as tall as my truck. When I yelled what was that, my husband and Sharon yelled at the same time, I don't know. My brother Louis did not see the Sasquatch because he was reading a sign that said Hancock, 15 miles. Sharon said she thought the Sasquatch was limping and my husband said it had fire red eyes but they did not glow like a dogs eyes.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 736

Latitude: +040˚ 33' N
Longitude: 078˚ 47' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1994
Time: 3:15 AM
Elevation:

Data Source: TR80
Locality: BETWEEN Revloc and Colver
Researcher: Joe Nemanich
Witness: Tom Johnson, Joe Nemanich

Summary: DARK BROWN 400# BF CROSSES HIGHWAY

Sighting Text:
PA CAMBRIA 1994 TR#80 40 33N 078 47W * Had a call from Joe Nemanich in Johnstown, Penn. On July 27th (or 29th), 1994, he and a friend Tom Johnson, were driving on a four lane that turned into two lane highway, Route 422, between Revloc and Colver (mining towns, note spelling reversal of names). At 3:15 AM as they approached the crest of a hill in Joe’s pickup truck, they saw a figure crossing the highway in the truck’s high beams. Tom, almost unglued, screaming, “did you see that...” They had closed to within 100 yards doing 55 MPH. The dark brown creature, that at first they thought was a bear, was very tall, huge upper body but a narrow waist and wide shoulders. As it turned to profile, Joe noticed a deep barrel-shaped chest. Joe said there was a type of mist around the feet as the thing ran up a grassy roadside embankment, and into the woods. He guessed the weight of the creature at 400 pounds. Joe pulled off the road and went back, but by then the creature was gone. There was no sign of tracks on the road banks. They were returning from a musical “gig” in Altoona, and Joe said they hadn’t been drinking at all.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 1160

Latitude: +041˚ 03' N
Longitude: 078˚ 43' W
Month: M
Year: 1975
Time: 6 PM
Elevation: 1840

Data Source: R96
Locality: 2 WEST LUTHERSBURG
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: D.N.

Summary: BF CROSS ROAD, DARK BROWN, GRAB BRANCHES WHEN GOING UPHILL

Sighting Text:
PN CLEARFIELD 1975 TR96 BFRO* D.H. in August, 1975, at 6 PM, 2 miles west of Luthersburg Hy 410, Clearfield Co., Penn. Witness was riding bicycle and saw bear cross road while coasting downhill. When closer, saw “thing” walking across road on two legs. Hair longer than bear, dark brown with red highlights, moved as creature moved. It went up an embankment, reaching with both hands to grab a tree branches to help itself. One hand grabbed one branch while the other grabbed a different branch. Apparently didn’t hear witness. Area is near top of wooded mountain on route 410.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:45 am

IBS Report #: 1051

Latitude: +041˚ 00' N
Longitude: 078˚ 32' W
Day:
Month:
Year: MISG
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR92- INDIANA, PA, NEWSPAPER
Locality: BUTTERMILK FALLS ON E. SIDE CHESTNUT RIDGE
Researcher: Rich La Monica, STEVE ANDERSON
Witness: 5 HUNTERS

Summary: 5 HUNTERS DISAPPEAR. 3 HAD BEEN TORN APART, 2 NEVER FOUND, BLOOD TEN FEET HIGH IN TREES, EMPTY GUNS FOUND

Sighting Text:
PA CLEARFIELD COUNTY DATE TR92 410004N 0783242W * Chestnut Ridge Attack From: sdn@groundhog.net (PA Bigfoot Society) I received an interesting report from Ohio Bigfoot researcher and PBS member Rich La Monica. Rich works with a man who is from the Chestnut Ridg

(Report incomplete) See the Track Record Issue 92 for more information

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:45 am

IBS Report #: 452

Latitude: +039˚ 54' N
Longitude: 079˚ 49' W
Month: MAY
Year: 1970
Time: 9:30 PM
Elevation: 996

Data Source: Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place
Credibility: 3
Locality: Footedale
Researcher: PLACE
Witness: UNK

Summary: BF with reddish brown shaggy hair,

Sighting Text:
PN,Fayette,39,54,79,49,d,May,1970,9:30PM,996,Place78,3, Sighting,Footedale, BF with reddish brown shaggy hair, May 1970; Penn. Parents and 3 children from Footedale; Fayette Co; Sunday evening at 9:30 PM; driving home from church saw large creature with reddish brown shaggy hair walking uprihgt in slumped position. Headlights on it and dropped from sight over an embankment. crushed weeds; no tracks next day.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: UNIONTOWN 3.0 2.4 3.7 3.8 4.3 4.3 4.4 3.8 3.2 2.8 3.1 3.1 42.1
Temp: UNIONTOWN 28.0 30.4 40.5 49.8 59.9 68.2 72.1 70.7 64.0 52.7 43.2 33.3 51.1
Sun:
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting