Pennsylvania IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: Pennsylvania IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:47 am

IBS Report #: 1894

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude: +041˚ 04' N
Longitude: 075˚ 24' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1995
Time: DUSK
Elevation: 1227

Data Source: TR#47-Apr’95
Credibility: 2
Locality: Foot of Chestnut Ridge at Pine Tree Grove Forest
Researcher: Sam Sherry;
Witness: Sam Sherry;

Summary: Screaming; BF seen-tri brown colored thing with gray streaks; odor;long matted hair;8-9ft,

Sighting Text:
PA, * Sam Sherry; May 25th. We were in the 80's today with thunder showers and hot muggy weather. These combined weather conditions produce aggressive creature activity and the number of sightings increase. Chestnut Ridge (PA) is now very active. Don Smith lives at the foot of the ridge at Hillside; and says he hears constant screaming near the old reservoir. I am now monitoring this area with my tape recorder and placing lots of food; smoked bacon skins and fresh frozen trout for bait. I am also maintaining surveillance at the Pine Tree Grove Forest on a big hill near Jim Harr's farm at the foot of Chestnut Ridge. The Harrs' hear screaming beginning at dusk when their farm dogs cower and run into the house and hide under the bed and will not come out. Jim Harr also saw a Bigfoot creature; a tri-brown colored thing with gray streaks of long matted hair and bad smelling; Eight to nine feet tall and very; very; dangerous looking. Bob France hears screaming at his Dry Run Bigfoot Camp where he found an 18 inch; five-toed; footprint. he also took a picture of Bigfoot in heavy cover but it was not processed as of yet. Sam Sherry; Bigfoot Tracker and Hunter; from the Land Of Bigfoot; Ligonier; PA., inches 6.03.33.41.93.63.95.33.93.71.86.02.245.0 Greensburg;2E;no temps,
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: Greensburg 2E 6.0 3.3 3.4 1.9 3.6 3.9 5.3 3.9 3.7 1.8 6.0 2.2 45.0
Temp: M
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

IBS Report #: 456

Latitude: 0
Longitude: 0
Day:
Month:
Year: UNK
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: .“Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; PLACE
Locality: SW Penn
Researcher: PLACE
Witness: UNK

Summary: BF feeding on deer carcass;dogs charged and were thrown into water

Sighting Text:
BF feeding on deer carcass;dogs charged and were thrown into water, Game warden in SW Penn checking duck population in swampy area and saw a hairy ape feeding on a deer carcass. Two hunting dogs charged the creature and were picked up and tossed into the water.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 215

Latitude: +040˚ 15' N
Longitude: 080˚ 11' W
Day: 7
Month: JAN
Year: 1995
Time:
Elevation: 1000

Data Source: TR#44-Feb’95,
Locality: Canonsburg (suburb of Pittsburgh),
Researcher: Samuel J. Sherry, Paul Johnson
Witness: UNK

Summary: BF crossed road,

Sighting Text:
PA, * Samuel J. Sherry; Chestnut Ridge Bigfoot Center; RD #1; Box 237A; Ligonier; Penn. 15658. The most recent creature sighting was from Washington County; Canonsburg; Penn. A big hairy creature crossed the road January 7th. The investigation was by Paul Johnson. Although it was a week later that Paul got there; he found no trace of the creature. He plans to go back later; and wants to look for tracks during the next snow. ,
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: Burgettstown 3.1 2.5 3.4 3.5 4.0 3.6 4.3 3.7 3.1 2.6 2.8 2.9 39.4
Temp: Burgettstown 24.3 26.2 37.0 46.8 56.7 65.1 69.3 67.6 61.2 50.0 41.0 30.2 47.8
Sun: Begin civil twilight 12:13 Sunrise 12:44 Sun transit 17:27 Sunset 22:11 End civil twilight 22:41 Moonrise 15:44 on preceding day Moonset 04:19 Moonrise 16:14 Moon transit 22:42 Moonset 05:18 on following day Phase of the Moon on 7 January: waxing crescent with 39% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated. First quarter Moon on 8 January 1995 at 15:47 Universal Time.,
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 216

Sighting Type: 3

Latitude: +040˚ 15' N
Longitude: 079˚ 15' W
Day:
Month: DEC
Year: 1974
Time:
Elevation: 1797

Data Source: TR#44-Feb’95
Locality: Chestnut Ridge at Trout Run
Researcher: Sam Sherry report
Witness: Bob France

Sighting Type: 3
Summary: Vocalization,

Sighting Text:
PA, Sam Sherry report. Bob France camped on Chestnut Ridge at Trout Run last week of 1974; and while in his tent heard a vocalization that he described as a family of creatures. He did not go outside; but stayed in the tent.,
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: Donegal 3.7 3.1 4.2 4.6 4.8 5.1 4.7 4.3 3.5 3.0 3.3 3.7 47.9
Temp: Donegal 23.9 26.1 35.8 45.7 55.9 64.6 68.5 67.5 61.2 49.8 40.1 29.7 47.3
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 1056

Latitude: +040˚ 14' N
Longitude: 079˚ 27' W
Day: 21 OR 28
Month: OCT
Year: 1999
Time: 5:30 PM
Elevation: 1180

Data Source: TR93
Locality: 15 MILES FROM JEANETTE NEAR PLEASANT UNITY
Researcher: Chaz Villwock
Witness: 3 FAMILY MEMBERS

Summary: 6 FT DARK REDDISH BROWN BF CROSSES ROAD TO WOODS, ANKLES BUSHY

Sighting Text:
PN WESTMORELAND 1999 TR#93 * Chaz Villwock OHPABFOOT@onelist.com reports about a sighting in SW Pennsylvania. About 15 miles from Jeanette, PA, Oct 21 or 28, 1999 (last century), at 5:30 PM. Three family members were driving down a rural two lane road near Pleasant Unity in Westmoreland Co., when they claim to have seen the creature. As dusk approached the wife noted the figure 40 feet ahead of them crossing from the right side of the road on the passenger side. The creature was hair covered with manlike features, long arms below the knees. It moved very quickly, stooped over, and with the arms swinging back and forth very quickly, crossed the road in three strides and entered the woods. The creature never looked towards the vehicle, so only the profile was seen, and none of the facial features. Guessed height was six feet, hair covering the entire body was smooth and a dark reddish-brown in color. There was an area of longer bushy hair around the ankles and down towards the feet. It was three feet across the shoulders. The head was very large and seemed to slope back into a cone shape, being about 18 inches from the jaw to the peak. No neck, odor, or sound was noted. The husband noted that the creature appeared to be in a hurry. It looked human but it wasn’t .
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun: Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for (longitude W79.5, latitude N40.2): Thursday 21 October 1999 Universal Time SUN Begin civil twilight 11:07 Sunrise 11:35 Sun transit 17:02 Sunset 22:30 End civil twilight 22:57 MOON Moonrise 20:32 on preceding day Moon transit 02:01 Moonset 07:37 Moonrise 21:06 Moonset 08:44 on following day Phase of the Moon on 21 October: waxing gibbous with 85% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated. Full Moon on 24 October 1999 at 21:02 Universal Time.
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:48 am

IBS Report #: 1086

Latitude: +040˚ 14' N
Longitude: 079˚ 27' W
Day: 21 OR 28
Month: OCT
Year: 1999
Time: DUSK APPROACHING
Elevation: 1180

Data Source: TR94
Credibility: 3
Locality: PLEASANT UNITY
Researcher: RON SCHAFFNER
Witness: LADY IN CAR

Summary: 6 FT BF CROSSED ROAD TO WOODS, REDDISH BROWN, BUSHY HAIR AT ANKLES, CONE HEAD, NO ODOR

Sighting Text:
PN WESTMORELAND 1999 TR94 I have recently been investigating the alleged sighting of a Bigfoot, which occurred on either October 21, or 28, 1999. The witnesses waited until recently to report their experience, and have asked not to be identified. The estimated time of the members were driving down a rural two lane road near Pleasant Unity in Westmoreland County, located in southwestern Pennsylvania, when they claim to have seen the creature. When the sighting occurred, dusk was approaching, but it was not dark enough for the usage of their headlights. The wife sitting in the passenger seat noticed the large figure first. About 40 feet ahead of them, crossing from the right side of the road, was a hair covered, manlike creature, with long arms extending below the knees. The wife stated that she had never seen anything move this quickly. The creature was stooped over, and it's arms were swinging back and forth very quickly. As it crossed the road in three giant strides, it entered a wooded area. The creature never looked towards the approaching vehicle. It seemed intent on continuing on it's path, so it was only observed from the side. No facial features could be determined. In it's stooped position, the witnesses estimated that the creature was about 6 feet tall, but would have been much taller if it had stood erect. The hair which appeared to cover the entire body was smooth, and dark reddish brown in color. There did appear to be an area of longer bushy hair around the ankles and down towards the feet. The creature appeared to be very broad across the shoulders, (about 3 feet.) The most outstanding physical feature was the head. The head was described as very large, and it seemed to slope back into a cone shape. It was about 18 inches from the jaw to the peak of the head. The witnesses indicated that a neck was not apparent. There was no odor nor sound detected during this observation. The husband stated "It seemed to be in a hurry. It looked human but it wasn't. What struck me was how very fast it was and how it crossed the road, and didn't hesitate to go into the woods on the other side. A human would probably hesitate and go looking for footing and watching their step, but this thing didn't." Some of you are aware that I have been researching many types of phenomena in Pennsylvania since 1959. Among the mysteries investigated throughout the state, have been the numerous encounters reported with hairy manlike beings. The earliest first hand account in my files, is one that occurred in 1931 in Fayette County. From 1972 through the late 1980's, I received almost annual reports of alleged Bigfoot sightings in the state. Since then, such creature sightings have been sporadic, and not nearly as active as they were during the 1970's and 1980's. While I no longer operate any of the volunteer investigating groups which I had previously founded, I still remain active as an independent researcher. Contact continues with many of my associates in various scientific and technical fields, who can be called upon to assist me with current events. I am interested in learning about other Bigfoot sightings that have occurred in Pennsylvania in recent years.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:48 am

IBS Report #: 1869

Sighting Type: 2

Latitude: +040˚ 21' N
Longitude: 079˚ 18' W
Day: 6
Month: MAR
Year: 1993
Time: M
Elevation: M

Data Source: TR30
Credibility: 1
Locality: NEW DERRY SIDE OF CHESTNUT RIDGE
Researcher: BILL BRANN
Witness: SAM SHERRY

Sighting Type: 2
Summary: 3 TOED CASTING WITH CLAWS

Sighting Text:
* Passed around at the 7/29 WBS meeting a three-toed cast of a critter with long claws. Asked Bill Brann, author of, Monsters of the Northeast,.to tell us about it (see photos elsewhere). 8/1/93: The Sam Sherry cast was casted on March 6,1993 on the New Derry side of Chestnut Ridge, Penn. This three-toed claw print has led to much speculation and criticism...but no one has the answers. Sam Sherry would have nothing to do with anything fraudulent. Mr. Sherry was a witness to a Bigfoot sighting in 1988, and now spends most of his spare time investigating Bigfoot sightings with Dr. Paul Johnson. Sam describes the condition in which the cast was taken; In an area sheltered by pines on semi-hard layered ground, with coke ashes...these materials are the spoils of the coal and coke industry. The weight of the creature broke through these layers of ground. Four good casts were taken and all had very good detail of . the foot structure, especially the noticeably pointed toes. In a three-toed foot there is no need for a ridge behind the toes as the foot is propelled by the claws, states Sam Sherry.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting