Ohio IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: Ohio IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:14 am

IBS Report #: 1023 is missing

admin

IBS Report #: 1058

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day: 5
Month: DEC
Year: 1999
Time: 4:30 PM
Elevation:

Data Source: TR93
Credibility: 2
Locality: EXTRENE EAST CEBTRAK IUI
Researcher: CRC
Witness: 4 PEOPLE HUNTING

Summary: 9-10 FT DARK BF WALKED ACROSS CLEARING

Sighting Text:
OH 1999 TR#93 * OHPABFOOT@aol.com report. Extreme east-central Ohio. Dec 5th, 1999, 4:30 PM, four people saw a Bigfoot at 620 yards, on the last day of deer season in Ohio. The one minute sighting without optical aids occurred while the hunters were resting at a power-line clearing. The wooded, rural area was near farms and it was good light but overcast in the mid-50’s. The creature walked across the clearing near the top of the next ridge to the east, traveling south. Few details were noted at that distance; it appeared dark in color, large and bulky, comparing to a tower crossbeam it was estimated at 9-10 feet
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: good light but overcast in the mid-50’s.

admin

IBS Report #: 683

Latitude:
Longitude: 0
Day:
Month:
Year: MISG
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR77
Credibility:
Locality: Eagle Rock Cave
Researcher:
Witness:

Summary: DARK BF LOOKING AT WITNESS, CAVE WITH BONES

Sighting Text:
OH MISG MISG TR#77 Again, he was at Eagle Rock Cave (only about 15 feet deep) when he noticed lots of bones, deer and rabbit he thought. He turned and saw a dark creature looking at him and coming towards the cave. Seeing him, it turned and went back into the woods. There was no decaying carcasses in the cave, only bones.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:15 am

IBS Report #: 730

Latitude: +039˚ 26' N
Longitude: 084˚ 21' W
Day:
Month:
Year: MISG
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR80
Locality: NE OHIO, NEAR CANADIAN BORDER (PLOT AT MONROE)
Researcher: MATT
Witness: Matt and his wife

Summary: WITNESS WATCHED, FAMILY OF 4 BF, OLD MAN 8 FT GRAY 17 IN TRACKS; FEMALE BF 6' 5

Sighting Text:
OH MISG MISG TR#80 * Sunday, 8/16 Matt and his wife were being watched by a Bigfoot a mile from their home in northeastern Ohio when they were in the woods engaging in coitus. The incident caught his interest and he has returned to study the creature. There’s a family of four, the Old Man, gray, and 8 foot, he came face to face with Sunday. It was human he said...no way an ape...there was no hair on its face. They were staring at each other, and so intent was the Bigfoot that a deer blundered into him, and he angrily swatted it away. The 8-point buck was knocked off balance. They had been whistling, but when two deer came by and one bumped the creature, it shrieked loudly. The gray creature left 17 inch tracks. Matt lives on 19 acres of wilderness towards Canada, and the area has peaches, plums, pears and paw-paws. A neighbor lady complained that a “Big Man” was in her garbage can. He measured tracks 15” by 7” near the garage. There was a young female, sort of pretty in the face, Matt said. Not that he’d want to date her...she was 6’5”, 400 pounds, and only ten yards away. She screeched three times, and he could see the mouth open. The creatures are associated with a god-awful smell of poop-sweat. He just bought a 35 mm camera and wants to take some photos.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: AREA HAS peaches, plums, pears and paw-paws

admin

IBS Report #: 3411 is missing

admin

IBS Report #: 943 is missing

admin

IBS Report #: 1070

Latitude: +039˚ 05' N
Longitude: 083˚ 14' W
Day: 22
Month: DEC
Year: 1999
Time: 7:30 PM
Elevation: 634

Data Source: TR93
Credibility: 3
Locality: near Latham, near Green Ridge Road
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: K.B.

Summary: 7 FT BF SEEN NEAR BURNING BARREL

Sighting Text:
OH PIKE 1999 TR93 BFRO* K.B. On Dec 22, 1999, in Pike Co., Ohio, near Latham near Green Ridge Road, was setting up an overturned trash burn barrel near the woods, about 7:30 PM. Thinking that the wind blew it over, but it had a foot of material in it, and was heavy, then there was a noise in the brush and K.B. saw a large, tall, hairy creature staring as he went around the garage. K.B. let out a holler and the creature turned and strode slowly away, swinging real long arms like a person. It took three long steps towards the woods when K.B. and girlfriend ran for car. It appeared 7 ft tall, seemed like a shadow, and didn’t appear afraid of them. They were about two car-lengths from the creature.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun: U.S. Naval Observatory Astronomical Applications Department Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for (longitude W83.2, latitude N39.1): Wednesday 22 December 1999 Universal Time SUN Begin civil twilight 12:19 Sunrise 12:49 Sun transit 17:31 Sunset 22:14 End civil twilight 22:44 MOON Moonrise 21:37 on preceding day Moon transit 05:00 Moonset 12:27 Moonrise 22:34 Moonset 13:34 on following day Full Moon on 22 December 1999 at 17:32 Universal Time.
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3832 is missing

admin

IBS Report #: 577

Latitude: +041˚ 02' N
Longitude: 081˚ 00' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1992
Time: DUSK
Elevation: 1025

Data Source: TR71 Bigfoot In Ohio
Locality: near Berlin Lake
Researcher: Matt Moneymaker
Witness: Matt Moneymaker

Summary: BF CROSSING ROAD WITH DEAD DEER OVER SHOULDER

Sighting Text:
OH PORTAGE 1993 TR#71 * Book review. “Bigfoot In Ohio- Encounters with the Grassman.” Christopher L. Murphy, Joedy Cook, and George Clappison, of the Ohio Bigfoot Research & Study Group. Here’s a fascinating little gem with some real surprises for the researcher. The first portion is rather standard; lay of the land, Bigfoot In The News, 27 pages of photos and drawings, and such lore. What first caught my real attention was a chapter, “Ohio Deer Kills and Bigfoot.” Here I ran into some real meat (pun unintended). Matt Moneymaker was the source of this information. Matt’s 1992 investigation started with a hunter , stalking deer in Stark County, that had a creature approach him within 35 feet, scaring a small herd of deer away. Just after sundown, the creature saw the hunter, screamed several times, and retreated. A few days later, deer appeared again, and the hunter noted knocks of wood on a tree trunk that were answered from nearby. It is speculated that this is part of a “scare and catch” tactic by the Bigfeet, to drive deer into an ambush. Later, with his dog, tracks of Bigfoot were seen and a young deer carcass was found with a broken leg, no bullet wounds, and intact except for the belly ripped open. *** Later that year, to confirm the deer killings by Bigfoot, a Wisconsin couple near Berlin Lake in Ohio almost ran over a Bigfoot crossing the road with a young deer slung over its shoulder. The lesson here is for researchers to ask locals about dead deer being found. We have had many reported out west, and even found bodies hanging in trees. Matt commented on one case near Coppei, WA, where a lady said the creature chased elk over the brink of Coppei Falls, and retrieved the dead animals. The book goes on to tell of the origins of the Grassman story, and tells of the, now famous, grass huts investigated by Joedy and George near Akron, OH. I looked long at the photo, ran previously in the Track Record in 1995, courtesy of Joedy. George even sent in an article on the Grassman which I printed. Murphy claims to see three creatures in the hut photo, that he has enlarged and enhanced. Personally, I believe them to be shadows, but Chris leaves it up to the reader to decide, as he does throughout the book. Curiously, in a chapter on conspiracy, an army Colonel says the Army investigated similar structures and found a placenta, and labeled the huts as a birthing complex. Read more about it by ordering your own copy today.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:16 am

IBS Report #: 1947

Latitude: +041˚ 02' N
Longitude: 081˚ 00' W
Day: 18
Month: OCT
Year: 1993
Time: 6PM
Elevation: 968

Data Source: TR32
Locality: NEAR DEERFIELD, BY BERLIN LAKE
Researcher: MARK FRANCIS
Witness: 4 PEOPLE

Summary: BF SIGHTING BY 4 PEOPLE

Sighting Text:
TR32* Mark Francis, NABIN Director, 10/27/93. Sighting report last week near Deerfield, Ohio, by Berlin Lake. 6 PM, October 18th, by four people. Area had a past history of reports, especially in Berlin Lake area. Note...Mark's book, Sasquatch Origins, due out Nov. 8th.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun: Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for (longitude W81.0, latitude N41.0): Monday 18 October 1993 Universal Time SUN Begin civil twilight 11:11 Sunrise 11:39 Sun transit 17:09 Sunset 22:39 End civil twilight 23:07 MOON Moonrise 14:18 on preceding day Moonset 00:12 Moonrise 15:25 Moon transit 20:17 Moonset 01:07 on following day Phase of the Moon on 18 October: waxing crescent with 13% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated. New Moon on 15 October 1993 at 11:36 Universal Time.
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting