New York IBS Sighting Report

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

New York IBS Sighting Report

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 am

a.jpg
a.jpg (6.48 KiB) Viewed 8416 times
2480 NELLIE FERRY Bill Brann James A. Fodge AUG, 1995 TR 54 FEB 3
15.5 INCH TRACKS, 3 SIZE T7 FT DARK BF, ACKS, ODOR, VOCALIZATION, MAN GRABBED BY BF [Full Report]

2741 WITNESS Bill Brann DEC, 1996 TR 63 JAN 97 3
HUNTER IN TREE STAN SEES 6.5 FT GRAY FEMALE BF, VOCALIZATION [Full Report]

4148 Chataqua JOHOLSKE, KENNETH, Peter CRC AUG, 1998 6:30 am TR 103 JAN 2001 3
BROWN OR BLACK BF, WATCHED AND FOLLOWED, BF LYING DOWN BEHIND TREE [Full Report]

985 CHAUTAUQUA WITNESS OHPABFOOT JULY, 1976 TR90 2
7 FT MALE REDDISH BROWN BF CHASING DEER, WOOD IN HANDS [Full Report]

3456 Chautauqua CAMPERS OHPABFOOT JUL, 1976 TR 90 AUG 1999 3
7 FT RED/BROWN BF, HAS STICK IN HAND, PANIC DEER FALLS IN CAMP FIREPIT [Full Report]

1068 CHEMUNG J.S. AND BROTHER BFRO SEPT, 1996 TR93 3
6-7 FT BLACK BF CROSSED ROAD FROM CORN FIELD [Full Report]

1009 CHEMUNG DRIVER BOBBIE SHORT SEPT, 1999 9 PM TR91 3
FIR E ENGINE STARTLES 7 FT BLACK BF, CROSSES ROAD IN FRONT OF WITNESS, ALMOST HIT BY FIRE TRUCK [Full Report]

3485 Chemung DROVER Bobbie Short SEPT, 1999 TR 91 SEPT 1999 3
7 FT BLACK BF CROSS ROAD IN FRONT OF FIRE ENGINES [Full Report]

3830 Chemung J.S., BFRO SEPT, 1999 9 PM TR 93 JAN 2000 3
BF CROSS ROAD, ALMOST HIT BY FIRE TRUCKS [Full Report]

2213 CHENANGO LADY HENRY FRANZONI M, M TR 44 FEB 95 3
WAMPUS CAT DROPS ON CAR, HUNG ON TO AS CRASHED [Full Report]

2721 HAYWOOD HUNTER Bill Brann AUG, 1996 5PM TR 62 OCT 96 3
TURKEY HUNTER SEES 7 FT BF, 15-16 IN TRACKS [Full Report]

904 JEFFERSON EXTER WATCHMAN Howard Koval SEPT, 1818 TR86 1
WILD MAN SEEN [Full Report]

3355 JEFFERSON Gentleman Howard Koval SEPT, 1818 TR 86 APR 1999 Exeter Watchman 3
WILDMAN OF THE WOODS SEEN [Full Report]

458 JEFFERSON Steve A Rich and Jerry Emerson; PLACE JAN, 1975 .“Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place, 3
BF 5 ft tall; swinging arms [Full Report]

459 JEFFERSON WITNESS M. PLACE JUN, 1977 article in Watertown Times, .“Bigfoot All Over The Country;” PLACE 2
BF ON On Railroad tracks, BF watches witnesses;14 in tracks found; 800 lbs [Full Report]

2696 STUBEN GIRL Bill Brann SEPT, 1996 TR 61 SEPT 96 3
YOUNG GIRL ON BIKE SEES GORILLA, TRACK IN FIRE ASHES [Full Report]

2530 SULLIVAN ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT CREW CRC MAY, 1995 TR 56 APRIL 96 3
BF TRACKS, TRUCK DOOR RIPPED OFF [Full Report]

2510 WARREN POLICE OFFICER Bill Brann , 1986 TR 55 MAR 96 3
17-18 IN TRACKS [Full Report]

593 WASHINGTON 3 HIKERS Bill Brann JUL, 1997 TR72 2
13 IN TRACKS, 8 FT BEDDING IMPRESSION [Full Report]

2937 WASHINGTON Greg Colm Bill Brann, George Sands JUL, 1997 TR 72 OCT 97 3
13 IN TRACKS, 8 FT LONG BED [Full Report]

admin

Re: New York IBS Sighting Report

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:52 am

IBS Report #: 2480

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month: AUG
Year: 1995
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR 54 FEB
Credibility: 3
Locality: SOUTH NY NEAR PENN LINE
Researcher: Bill Brann James A. Fodge
Witness: NELLIE FERRY

Summary: 15.5 INCH TRACKS, 3 SIZE T7 FT DARK BF, ACKS, ODOR, VOCALIZATION, MAN GRABBED BY BF

Sighting Text:
TR 54 FEB * Bill Brann 1/28/96. (report refers to incident August, 1995, at a private pond off Hardscrabble Road, in 'southern New York state, near the Pennsylvania line. Hair samples submitted to Cornell Univ. Wildlife Biologist James A. Fodge, State Dept. of Environmental Conservation is investigating) As you know I'm working on the Nellie Ferry case and have been for some time now. I have several untouched hairs removed by Nellie Ferry from a number of footprints found in the mud as the creature exited the lake. The prints were 5-toed, 15 1/2 inches long and their was a total of three different sized prints, indicating maybe a family? Some of the prints, you could see the toes gripping into the mud to keep from sliding or losing balance. Smell's and vocalizations were also heard throughout the summer to late fall of 1995. Footprints have been found in the snow by several residents. A teacher, 1995, who wants to remain anonymous had her class on an outing in the vicinity of some caves. When she noticed a large 7 foot, dark haired creature quickly moving down the trail ahead of her. When she screamed, the creature briefly looked back at her, then kept on going. We had one woman claim she had two separate incidents where she had visual contact with the same type of creature. One of these incidents, her dog was barking on the porch. She looked out the window and saw a large upright dark haired creature standing next to a tree and a trailer in the back yard. When she opened the door to let the dog in, it ran off in the direction of the back of the house where there is a swamp. No hair samples were found there, or footprints. Only matted grass where something passed through. Their was evidence that bark was off the tree where something stood and might have rubbed. There is another incident where a bearded man was grabbed about the shoulders and arms, by a powerful hairy arm that came through the open window of the drivers side of the vehicle. The man was hysterical as he and his passenger struggled for his release. It had a large head and flat white teeth. It was the only description they could give. It finally released the man and disappeared into the darkness. The two men were attending racing that evening and had parked their car in the back of the parking lot to make their exit easier. This incident happened in August of 1995. Unfortunately everyone wants to remain anonymous. Incidents similar to these have been going on for a number of years, too many to list them all. I will be working on this case for some time to come.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:52 am

IBS Report #: 2741

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month: DEC
Year: 1996
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR 63 JAN 97
Locality: NEW YORK
Researcher: Bill Brann
Witness: WITNESS

Summary: HUNTER IN TREE STAN SEES 6.5 FT GRAY FEMALE BF, VOCALIZATION

Sighting Text:
TR 63 JAN 97 Bill Brann, Dec. 21, 1996. Yes, I did hear of another sighting that took place about a month ago. Haven't talked to the witness yet, but I was told he was in a tree stand when he thought a deer was coming through the brush. He raised his rifle only to see a two-legged creature approximately 6 1/2ft tall, gray in color. Looking through his scope, he said it had no teeth. He claimed it was female, she had breasts, and when she looked up and saw him, she let out a low-scream, turned and walked back into the heavy brush. The last thing he noted, she was broad across the hips. He wishes to remain anonymous, so it may take a lot more work to get any additional data.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:53 am

IBS Report #: 4148

Latitude: +042˚ 05' N
Longitude: 079˚ 14' W
Day: 20
Month: AUG
Year: 1998
Time: 6:30 am
Elevation: 1378

Data Source: TR 103 JAN 2001
Locality: Lilly Dale spiritualist camp, Jamestown AREA
Researcher: CRC
Witness: JOHOLSKE, KENNETH, Peter

Summary: BROWN OR BLACK BF, WATCHED AND FOLLOWED, BF LYING DOWN BEHIND TREE

Sighting Text:
* JOHOLSKE, KENNETH, PARK RD.,GAITHERSBURG, MD. Date = 08-20-1998 Time = 6:30 am early morning Location = wooded forest and marshland in Chataqua Co. NY Activity = taking an early morning walk with my friend Peter. Two years ago while visiting friends off season at the Lilly Dale spiritualist camp in upstate New York a close friend and I were walking on a forested path that surrounds the grounds leading to the National Forest behind the camp. About two miles into our stroll we felt the odd sense of being watched When I stopped walking I could hear footsteps behind us. At first my friend and I thought that it was a deer or bear but the stalking nature of what ever it was, was too deliberate. As we stopped it stopped and when we moved again it moved. And then what I thought I’d never see happen as I peered through the canopy of ferns that permitted our view I saw a large furry arm sticking out from behind a thick tree. Almost in a poor attempt to hide itself. This creature was lying down behind a large log. As we stood there staring at this creature it did not move except for periodic arm movements that we could see between the ground and fallen tree limb. Both my friend and I are excellent observers. He is a photographer and I a cultural Anthropologist. Attributes = The arm or portion of what we could see was a dark brown or black. There had to be more than one because about 50 ft back we could hear foot steps. There was no apparent odor or noise. Additional_info = I had spent many summers in upstate New York visiting friends. It was two years later that I had the nerve to tell my friend who lives on the property near the woods what I had seen. Ironically enough a year later in Jamestown NY up the road there was a hot-bed of sightings in this same area. *danegeld2@aol.com I am anxiously awaiting the (original coresponcence/police reports/etc.) which Mr. JW left me in his will when he passed onto the happy hunting grounds along with a great shotgun for hunting regular quarry, this has been given to me by Mrs. JW, I also happen to own the track from the Bigfoot chasing cat video.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: JAMESTOWN 2.6 2.9 2.8 3.7 4.0 4.9 4.5 4.5 4.6 3.8 4.0 3.4 45.6
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 985

Latitude: +042˚ 20' N
Longitude: 079˚ 19' W
Day:
Month: JULY
Year: 1976
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR90
Credibility: 2
Locality: WEST OF CASSADAGA LAKE
Researcher: OHPABFOOT
Witness: WITNESS

Summary: 7 FT MALE REDDISH BROWN BF CHASING DEER, WOOD IN HANDS

Sighting Text:
NY CHAUTAUQUA 1976 TR#90 * OHPABFOOT@aol.com sighting report. In July, 1976, witnesses backpacked to woods west of Cassadaga Lake, Chautauqua Co., NY. In the middle of the night there was a loud commotion to the south of witness, and thought it was a panicked deer that ran by the camp lean-to and fell in the firepit, and followed by something really big. The “deer” screamed when it fell, and two campers turned on their flash-lights and 10-15 feet away was a primate 7 feet tall (compared to a tree). It had reddish brown hair or pelt. It threw its arm up to block the light, ran back north. Noted the wrist-bone visible through the hair, and that there was a large piece of wood in one of it’s hands, and both witnesses had the impression that it was an adolescent male (possible territorial dispute?).
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3456

Longitude: 079˚ 19' W
Day:
Month: JUL
Year: 1976
Time:
Elevation: 1306

Data Source: TR 90 AUG 1999
Locality: west of Cassadaga Lake
Researcher: OHPABFOOT
Witness: CAMPERS

Summary: 7 FT RED/BROWN BF, HAS STICK IN HAND, PANIC DEER FALLS IN CAMP FIREPIT

Sighting Text:
TR 90 AUG 1999 * OHPABFOOT@aol.com sighting report. In July, 1976, witnesses backpacked to woods west of Cassadaga Lake, Chautauqua Co., NY. In the middle of the night there was a loud commotion to the south of witness, and thought it was a panicked deer that ran by the camp lean-to and fell in the firepit, and followed by something really big. The “deer” screamed when it fell, and two campers turned on their flash-lights and 10-15 feet away was a primate 7 feet tall (compared to a tree). It had reddish brown hair or pelt. It threw its arm up to block the light, ran back north. Noted the wrist-bone visible through the hair, and that there was a large piece of wood in one of it’s hands, and both witnesses had the impression that it was an adolescent male (possible territorial dispute?).
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 1068

Latitude: +042˚ 18' N
Longitude: 076˚ 43' W
Day: 13
Month: SEPT
Year: 1996
Time: 9 PM
Elevation: 1169

Data Source: TR93
Locality: NEAR ALPINE JUNCTION, ROUTE 224
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: J.S. AND BROTHER

Summary: 6-7 FT BLACK BF CROSSED ROAD FROM CORN FIELD

Sighting Text:
NY CHEMUNG 1999 TR93 BFRO* Sept. 13, 1999, 9 PM, about 1-2 miles west of Alpine Junction, Chemung County, NY, J.S., and brother were driving on Route 224, about 60 mph. Slightly after three Odessa-Montour fire trucks passed in the opposite direction, a creature darted across the road from left to right, illuminated by the fire trucks and J.S. headlights. They thought the fire trucks would hit it, apparently panicking, spooked by the lights and sirens. It ran very fast, leaning slightly forward, striding five or six feet across the 30 foot wide road. It was black from head to toe and about 6-7 ft tall, swinging arms in an ape-like motion. It looked straight ahead as it darted, acting like a scared animal. No tracks were found the next day. There was a corn field across from the heavy brush and wooded area where it ran.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 1009

Longitude: 076˚ 47' W
Year: 1999
Elevation: 1050

Data Source: TR91
Locality: ROUTE 224 NEAR ODESSA
Researcher: BOBBIE SHORT
Witness: DRIVER

Summary: FIR E ENGINE STARTLES 7 FT BLACK BF, CROSSES ROAD IN FRONT OF WITNESS, ALMOST HIT BY FIRE TRUCK

Sighting Text:
NY CHEMUNG 1999 TR#91 * Bobbie Short, sierra@n2.net ,report from Chemung County, NY, Mon., 13 Sep 1999, 9PM. Witness and brother were westbound on route 224, doing about 60mph on a straight stretch. An Odessa fire truck passed, and a few seconds more three more fire engines appeared over the hill. The lights and sirens apparently startled a Bigfoot, as it darted across the road in front of them from left to right. They immediately knew what it was...about 7 foot tall, not fat but thin, black all over, stride around 6 ft., could not see the face as it looked straight ahead and darted like a wild animal without breaking stride...”as it flew into woods on my side of the road.” The road was 30 foot wide and no footprints were found in the dry ground the next day. The creature was almost hit by the first fire truck, and then by us.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun: Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for (longitude W76.8, latitude N42.3): Monday 13 September 1999 Universal Time SUN Begin civil twilight 10:16 Sunrise 10:45 Sun transit 17:03 Sunset 23:21 End civil twilight 23:49 MOON Moonrise 13:21 on preceding day Moonset 01:06 Moonrise 14:21 Moon transit 20:02 Moonset 01:35 on following day Phase of the Moon on 13 September: waxing crescent with 13% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated. New Moon on 9 September 1999 at 22:02 Universal Time.
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3485

Longitude: 076˚ 47' W
Time: 9PM
Elevation: 1043

Data Source: TR 91 SEPT 1999
Locality: NR ODESSA
Researcher: Bobbie Short
Witness: DROVER

Summary: 7 FT BLACK BF CROSS ROAD IN FRONT OF FIRE ENGINES

Sighting Text:
TR 91 SEPT 1999 * Bobbie Short, sierra@n2.net ,report from Chemung County, NY, Mon., 13 Sep 1999, 9PM. Witness and brother were westbound on route 224, doing about 60 mph on a straight stretch. An Odessa fire truck passed, and a few seconds more three more fire engines appeared over the hill. The lights and sirens apparently startled a Bigfoot, as it darted across the road in front of them from left to right. They immediately knew what it was...about 7 foot tall, not fat but thin, black all over, stride around 6 ft., could not see the face as it looked straight ahead and darted like a wild animal without breaking stride...”as it flew into woods on my side of the road.” The road was 30 foot wide and no footprints were found in the dry ground the next day. The creature was almost hit by the first fire truck, and then by us.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:54 am

IBS Report #: 3830

Latitude: +042˚ 17' N
Longitude: 076˚ 42' W
Elevation: 1129

Data Source: TR 93 JAN 2000
Locality: Alpine Junction
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: J.S.,

Summary: BF CROSS ROAD, ALMOST HIT BY FIRE TRUCKS

Sighting Text:
TR 93 JAN 2000 * Sept. 13, 1999, 9 PM, about 1-2 miles west of Alpine Junction, Chemung County, NY, J.S., and brother were driving on Route 224, about 60 mph. Slightly after three Odessa-Montour fire trucks passed in the opposite direction, a creature darted across the road from left to right, illuminated by the fire trucks and J.S. headlights. They thought the fire trucks would hit it, apparently panicking, spooked by the lights and sirens (hadn’t the trucks already passed? Ray). It ran very fast, leaning slightly forward, striding five or six feet across the 30 foot wide road. It was black from head to toe and about 6-7 ft tall, swinging arms in an ape-like motion. It looked straight ahead as it darted, acting like a scared animal. No tracks were found the next day. There was a corn field across from the heavy brush and wooded area where it ran.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun: Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for (longitude W76.7, latitude N42.3): Monday 13 September 1999 Universal Time SUN Begin civil twilight 10:16 Sunrise 10:44 Sun transit 17:03 Sunset 23:21 End civil twilight 23:49 MOON Moonrise 13:20 on preceding day Moonset 01:06 Moonrise 14:21 Moon transit 20:01 Moonset 01:35 on following day Phase of the Moon on 13 September: waxing crescent with 13% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated. New Moon on 9 September 1999 at 22:02 Universal Time.
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting