New Hampshire IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: New Hampshire IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:12 am

IBS Report #: 677

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude: +042˚ 44' N
Longitude: 071˚ 35' W
Day:
Month: MAY
Year: 1977
Time:
Elevation: 415

Data Source: TR77
Credibility: 2
Locality: HOLLIS
Researcher: UNK
Witness: Gerald St. Louis

Summary: 8 FT BF SEEN, SHAKES CAR, TRACKS 17 IN

Sighting Text:
NH HILLSBOROUGH 1977 TR#77 A classic case tells of Gerald St. Louis in May, 1977, setting up early for a flea market. This was at Hollis, NH, just north of the Mass. state line. He opened the car door to relieve himself, and came face to face with an 8 foot creature, startled by the dome light coming on. He came face to face with the creature which ran into the woods. Tracks were found in the snow. 300 yards away, two other people, Stan Evans and Jeff Warren, had their car shaken up and down several times...they also saw a bear run into the woods. The tracks measured 17 in. by 7 inches.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:12 am

IBS Report #: 3048

Latitude: +042˚ 44' N
Longitude: 071˚ 35' W
Day:
Month: MAY
Year: 1977
Time:
Elevation: 404

Data Source: TR 77 MAY 98
Credibility: 3
Locality: HOLLIS
Researcher: JOHN
Witness: Gerald St. Louis

Summary: 8 FT BF AT FLEA MART, 17 IN TRACKS IN SNOW

Sighting Text:
TR 77 MAY 98 A classic case tells of Gerald St. Louis in May, 1977, setting up early for a flea market. This was at Hollis, NH, just north of the Mass. state line. He opened the car door to relieve himself, and came face to face with an 8 foot creature, startled by the dome light coming on. He came face to face with the creature which ran into the woods. Tracks were found in the snow. 300 yards away, two other people, Stan Evans and Jeff Warren, had their car shaken up and down several times...they also saw a bear run into the woods. The tracks measured 17 in. by 7 inches.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:13 am

IBS Report #: 899

Latitude: +043˚ 22' N
Longitude: 071˚ 43' W
Day: 22
Month: OCT
Year: 1987
Time: SUNUP
Elevation: 819

Data Source: TR86 Concord Monitor
Credibility: 2
Locality: Salisbury, NEXT TO MILL BROOK
Researcher: Scot French
Witness: Walter Bower Sr.,

Summary: 9 FT GRAYISH COLOR, 2 BF CROSS FIELD

Sighting Text:
NH MERRIMACK 1987 TR#86 43 22N 71 43W ELV 819 FT * Old NH newspaper article submitted: Concord Monitor Friday November 13, 1987 The Man Who Spied Bigfoot Comes Forward by: Scot French. “Walter Bower Sr., a man of sound mind and sober spirit, swears he saw Bigfoot while hunting pheasant in Salisbury three weeks ago. He told the chief of police, who told the boys at the Crossroads Country Store, who laughed their fool heads off. “Now, ask yourself this. Why would Bowers, a retired caretaker at the New Hampshire Veterans Home, make up such a story? Why would he subject himself to such ridicule? "I don't like to be made a fool of, he said. "But I know what I saw." Bowers stepped forward after reading about the uproar his story had created in Salisbury. He agreed to take me out to the field where he saw whatever he saw. Maybe we could find some tracks in the snow. "It don't bother me any to go out with you," he said, " but I'm not going to go unarmed. Not after I see what that thing is." He grabbed me at his trailer on Pheasant Street in Webster with a .357-Magnum strapped to his hip. "I'm not gonna’ shoot it," he said, "but I'm not gonna’ let it get a’hold of me either." Snow squalls darkened the sky as we scrunched into my car and headed for Salisbury, talking all the way. Bower, 53, is a lifelong resident of Webster. He started hunting when he was old enough to carry a gun. Now retired, he likes to hunt pheasant in a field known as Bob's Big Interval, next to Mill Brook in Salisbury. “About three weeks ago, a hunter from Warner told Bowers he had seen two strange beasts walk across the field early one morning. "I didn't pay much attention," Bowers said. "I just went out bird hunting, two days, three days afterward." As he crossed the field with his .12-gauge shotgun shortly after daybreak, he had a strange feeling he was being watched. He passed between two stands of trees, turned to the right, "and there he was. Standing right out in the middle of the field." Bigfoot, Sasquatch. Whatever you want to call it. "This thing was BIG," he said. "I would say at least 9 feet. Maybe less, maybe more, because I didn't stick around too long to do any measuring...The whole body was covered with hair...I would day it was kind of a grayish color, from where I was standing. Of course the sun was coming up facing me, but it wasn't that bright... The face, I couldn't make that out too good...The hands were like yours or mine, only three times bigger, with pads on the front paws, like a dog...Long legs, long arms. It was just like, I would say, like a gorilla, but this here wasn't a gorilla... I'm telln' ya, it would make your hair stand up." After a few moments, the creature ran off toward the large swamp behind the field. Bowers hustled back to his car, glancing over his shoulder to make sure he was alone. A few nights later, he told Salisbury Police Chief Jody Heath, a family friend, what he had seen and asked if he could shoot the beast if it attacked him. Heath, biting his lip, promised to find out. "He sounded like everybody else," Bowers said. "I don’t think he really believed me." Bowers tried the game warden next. "He just laughed at me. He said 'There's no such thing.' I said 'Nuts.' He said, 'It was probably a bear or moose.' I said, 'Look, I can tell the difference between a bear and I can tell the difference between a moose. This was neither.' He didn't believe me. He got mad and hung up." Bowers has shot four bears in his lifetime, so he knows what they look like. As for moose, has anyone ever seen one standing on its hind legs and walk like a man? "If a man can't tell the difference between a moose and a thing like that," Bowers said, "he hadn't ought to be hunting whatsoever, in my book. He hadn't ought to be in the woods hunting if he can't tell the difference." Hundreds of people have reported seeing half-human creatures like Bigfoot, usually in the vast forests of the Pacific Northwest and Asia, but nobody has ever caught or photographed one clearly. Bowers figures creatures like the one he saw live and die in swamp caves, where no man can find them. They probably some out in the morning to look for apples, corn or whatever it is they eat. "I think there's more people that see these that are not saying anything 'cause they don't want to be laughed at," he said. One of these days, he may use his camera and stake out the area using apples for bait. A clear photo of the animal or its tracks might convince the skeptics. Until then he figures people can have a good laugh at his expense. "Go ahead," he said, shaking his head, "but it's not gonna change a thing, 'cause I still see what I see."
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: SNOW ON GROUND

admin

IBS Report #: 3349

Day:
Time: DAWN
Elevation: 817

Data Source: TR 86 APR 1999 Concord Monitor
Locality: Salisbury, next to Mill Brook
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: Walter Bower Sr

Summary: 9 FT GRAY BF IN FIELD, MAN WATCHED,

Sighting Text:
TR 86 APR 1999 * Old NH newspaper article submitted: Concord Monitor Friday November 13, 1987 The Man Who Spied Bigfoot Comes Forward by: Scot French. “Walter Bower Sr., a man of sound mind and sober spirit, swears he saw Bigfoot while hunting pheasant in Salisbury three weeks ago. He told the chief of police, who told the boys at the Crossroads Country Store, who laughed their fool heads off. “Now, ask yourself this. Why would Bowers, a retired caretaker at the New Hampshire Veterans Home, make up such a story? Why would he subject himself to such ridicule? "I don't like to be made a fool of, he said. "But I know what I saw." Bowrs stepped forward after reading about the uproar his story had created in Salisbury. He agreed to take me out to the field where he saw whatever he saw. Maybe we could find some tracks in the snow. "It don't bother me any to go out with you," he said, " but I'm not going to go unarmed. Not after I see what that thing is." He grabbed me at his trailer on Pheasant Street in Webster with a .357-Magnum strapped to his hip. "I'm not gonna’ shoot it," he said, "but I'm not gonna’ let it get a’hold of me either." Snow squalls darkened the sky as we scrunched into my car and headed for Salisbury, talking all the way. Bower, 53, is a lifelong resident of Webster. He started hunting when he was old enough to carry a gun. Now retired, he likes to hunt pheasant in a field known as Bob's Big Interval, next to Mill Brook in Salisbury. “About three weeks ago, a hunter from Warner told Bowers he had seen two strange beasts walk across the field early one morning. "I didn't pay much attention," Bowers said. "I just went out bird hunting, two days, three days afterward." As he crossed the field with his .12-gauge shotgun shortly after daybreak, he had a strange feeling he was being watched. He passed between two stands of trees, turned to the right, "and there he was. Standing right out in the middle of the field." Bigfoot, Sasquatch. Whatever you want to call it. "This thing was BIG," he said. "I would say at least 9 feet. Maybe less, maybe more, because I didn't stick around too long to do any measuring...The whole body was covered with hair...I would say it was kind of a grayish color, from where I was standing. Of course the sun was coming up facing me, but it wasn't that bright... The face, I couldn't make that out too good...The hands were like yours or mine, only three times bigger, with pads on the front paws, like a dog...Long legs, long arms. It was just like, I would say, like a gorilla, but this here wasn't a gorilla... I'm telln' ya, it would make your hair stand up." After a few moments, the creature ran off toward the large swamp behind the field. Bowers hustled back to his car, glancing over his shoulder to make sure he was alone. A few nights later, he told Salisbury Police Chief Jody Heath, a family friend, what he had seen and asked if he could shoot the beast if it attacked him. Heath, biting his lip, promised to find out. "He sounded like everybody else," Bowers said. "I don’t think he really believed me." Bowers tried the game warden next. "He just laughed at me. He said 'There's no such thing.' I said 'Nuts.' He said, 'It was probably a bear or moose.' I said, 'Look, I can tell the difference between a bear and I can tell the difference between a moose. This was neither.' He didn't believe me. He got mad and hung up." Bowers has shot four bears in his lifetime, so he knows what they look like. As for moose, has anyone ever seen one standing on its hind legs and walk like a man? "If a man can't tell the difference between a moose and a thing like that," Bowers said, "he hadn't ought to be hunting whatsoever, in my book. He hadn't ought to be in the woods hunting if he can't tell the difference." Hundreds of people have reported seeing half-human creatures like Bigfoot, usually in the vast forests of the Pacific Northwest and Asia, but nobody has ever caught or photographed one clearly. Bowers figures creatures like the one he saw live and die in swamp caves, where no man can find them. They probably some out in the morning to look for apples, corn or whatever it is they eat. "I think there's more people that see these that are not saying anything 'cause they don't want to be laughed at," he said. One of these days, he may use his camera and stake out the area using apples for bait. A clear photo of the animal or its tracks might convince the skeptics. Until then he figures people can have a good laugh at his expense. "Go ahead," he said, shaking his head, "but it's not gonna change a thing, 'cause I still see what I see."
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3350

Day:
Time:
Elevation: 817

Data Source: TR 86 APR 1999 Concord Monitor
Locality: SALISBURY
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: HUNTER

Summary: TWO BF SEEN

Sighting Text:
TR 86 APR 1999 * Old NH newspaper article submitted: Concord Monitor Friday November 13, 1987 The Man Who Spied Bigfoot Comes Forward by: Scot French. “About three weeks ago, a hunter from Warner told Bowers he had seen two strange beasts walk across the field early one morning.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting