(Infamous) Mr. Mike/Lan Lamphere Incident

This forum is for the placement of known and exposed hoaxes. When allowable, the complete details for exposing it as a hoax will be given.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

(Infamous) Mr. Mike/Lan Lamphere Incident

Post by admin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:59 am

Bigfoot Research Slows as Bloggers Take Shots at One Another wrote:
J. Andersen, Yahoo! Contributor Network

...and I won't let the story about the story die yet either. When Mr. Mike claimed weeks ago that he had a family of Bigfoots living in his backyard it was just too good to be true. A researcher named Jack Barnes from www.facebook.com/findbigfoot even made the long drive to the man's house (nobody else would do it) to see once and for all what the story was about.

Before We Get to the BigfootBloggers, Here's the Back Story on Mr. Mike's Bigfoot Sightings

When Barnes arrived at the scene he circled the block not once, but twice in disbelief. "Mr. Mike lived in the heart of the city, not on the edge of town," Barnes said. "I checked the address and my GPS and I knew this was Mr. Mike's house, but there was no way a family of Bigfoots was living in his backyard."

Barnes went the front doory anyway. He had to meet Mr. Mike and see what all the fuss was about and if it was a hoax, he had to declare it as such for listeners of Overnight AM Radio with Lan Lamphere. After spending a few hours with Mr. Mike, waiting for it to get dark enough for the Bigfoot family to creep from the small brush in the backyard, Barnes pulled out his thermal camera. Even though he could see none of the Bigfoots that Mr. Mike was pointing to through his backdoor window, Barnes raised the thermal and tried to capture images.

"I saw a hot spot at one point," Barnes conceded. "But that was probably a chipmunk on branch, not a Bigfoot. There's a huge difference between a six inch chipmunk and an eight or nine foot Bigfoot." Barnes packed is gear and left within a few hours. It wasn't an intentional hoax but probably shadows caused by a possible vision problem. Mr. Mike is a retired senior citizen.

What's All the Blogging About?

Sharon Lee, from The Bigfoot Field Reporter posted a story titled, "The Ghost of Bigfoot and Mr. Mike" where she has asked readers to keep an open mind about Mr. Mike rather than taking Jack Barnes and his team from www.facebook.com/findbigfoot too seriously. It's possible, according to Lan Lamphere and even Sharon Lee that Barnes had not been looking in the right place, that he had overlooked a Bigfoot the Mr. Mike could see.

This is Where You Have to Keep Your Open Mind (Sounds Like BS to Me!)

Apparently. The History Channel is on site at Mr. Mike's house and has been their recording for two weeks. "The evidence they are capturing is extraordinarily mind blowing and unexplainable, " according to The Bigfoot Field Reporter. "The are having spikes of activity on their FLIR thermal imagers. The see nothing with their naked eye. But at the same time the heat images appear on the FLIR, Mr. Mike sees them -- Bigfoots."

Really?

When the blogger Loren Coleman at Cryptomundo picked up this story, he ripped it to pieces as if it weren't worth the digital paper is was printed on. He clearly lampoons Sharon Lee and even spends much of his blog post defining the term "critical thinking" and how it relates or contrasts to "opening one's mind" yet he forgets (or refuses to admit) that his site was one of the first to break the story about a family of Bigfoots living in a man's backyard -- that man was Mr. Mike.

Coleman has no love for the shock jock, Lan Lamphere, but it was Coleman's own website than fanned the flames of this story several weeks ago -- a story Coleman has criticized but simply can't put down because it generates a few clicks to his website.

Yeah, I'd say the Bigfoot research has slowed down recently. Anyone got a sighting out there?

Return to “Hoaxes”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting