(GCBRO) British Columbia

Sighting reports of Bigfoot from this Canadian Province
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

(GCBRO) British Columbia

Post by admin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:16 am

Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: December 1, 2010

DATE: 07/18/08

TIME: N/A

TERRAIN: Wooded

OBSERVED: The first night camping we were hooting and hollering around the campsite Yelling "Im a camper, I'm camping" listening to our voices echo down the valley when we heard a howl back, twice from very far away down the valley on the other side. The next night our answer back came in the form of rhythmic rock knocking lasting about a minute. But the sounds were closer and from the opposite side of the valley. The third night the rock knocking came from the little valley behind us very close. the next morning as we were packed up to go something was rolling small rocks down the hill into our campsite. I had to use the outhouse and as I walked onto and along the trail something started throwing tree boughs on me. Needless to say I was freaked out but I did look up and around as I ran back to the campsite and saw nothing in the trees. They where small boughs but too many came at me for such a calm not windy day.

Additional things: My sister had a sighting a week earlier in the same place as they were out scouting for the perfect isolated place to camp Beaver lake is very small and is part of the canoe route up there in Powell River. We didn't know at the time we were not suppose to camp there, its a 4x4 part of the logging road system. Anyhow she saw a creature standing on two legs?? with a pinkish pig like skin?? at the edge of the lake and it turned and ran into the bush.

Activities of Witness: we were camping.

Description of Creature: My sister saw an albino bigfoot type creature it was hunched over on the dock scooping a drink of water out of the lake with long arms and big legs, she estimates it to be about 7 ft. tall. It took its drink , stood up and made a loud whoop sound and lumbered off into the bush. My mistake about the pink body animal, she said it was an albino bigfoot......too cool eh?

Other Notes: N/A

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: N/A

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: N/A

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: February 1, 2011

DATE: 4/29/1995

TIME: 2:00 am

TERRAIN: Mountains

OBSERVED: I WAS CAMPING, NO ONE ELSE IN THE PARK, IT WAS COLD SO I WENT TO PARK WASHROOMS FOR HOT SHOWER, WHEN I RETURNED TO MT TENT I GOT INTO MY SLEEPING BAG ALMOST IMMEDIATELY SOME THING BIG WALKED INTO MY CAMP SITE, I HAD LEFT MY LEFT OVERS FROM DINNER ON THE PICK NICK TABLE, IT STARTED TO PICK AT THE TIN FOIL ON THE TABLE, IT WAS CRUMBLING THE TIN FOIL ABOUT 5 TO 6 FEET ABOVE ME. IT WAS ABOUT 4 FEET FROM ME ,,,I WAS TERRIFIED, ITS BREATHING WAS SO DEEP AND LOUD. IT DICKED AROUND WITH THE STUFF ON THE TABLE FOR A FEW MINUTES WHILE I LAY THERE NOT MAKING A SOUND, JUST THEN THE PARK WARDEN WAS DOING HIS DRIVE THROUGHS, WHEN HE DROVE BY MY CAMP SIGHT THIS THING JUST STOPPED WHAT IT WAS DOING WHEN THE HEAD LIGHT SHAWN ON MY TENT I COULD SEE A PERFECT FIGURE OF WHAT LOOKED LIKE A HUGE MAN IN A FURY COAT, I COULD SEE SHOULDERS HEAD, I WAS PRAYING THE WARDEN WOULD STOP BUT HE COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING FROM HIS POSITION. SO HE DISAPPEARED DOWN THE ROAD AND THIS THING STARTED WITH THE TIN FOIL AND FISH AGAIN, IT SEEMED LIKE A LIFE TIME BUT IT FINALLY DROPPED THE FOIL TURNED WALKED RIGHT BESIDE MY TENT AND FROM ABOUT 8 FEET ABOVE ME IT LET OUT THE MOST HORRIFIC SCREAM I HAVE EVER HERD. IT SOUNDED LIKE A LION ROAR WITH A HIGH PITCH GURGLING SCREAM AT THE SAME TIME, THAT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE BUT IT DID IT .IT ECHOED THROUGH THE VALLEY SO LOUD IT WAS UNREAL. AFTER IT STOPPED ROARING EVERYTHING WENT DEAD QUIET,,,THEN I HERD THE SAME ROAR COME FROM THE VALLEY BELOW. I WOULD NEVER MAKE THIS STUFF UP. BUT I NO WHAT I SAW AND SMELLED AND HEARD. I AM A TRUE BELEIVER. AFTER THE OTHER ONE ROARED BACK THIS THING JUST TURNED IN THE DIRECTION OF THE OTHER ONE AND JUST CRASHED RIGHT THREW THE WOODS BREAKING OFF BRANCHES ON ITS WAY, AS SOON AS IT WAS GONE I JUMPED IN MY CAR DROVE OUT OF THE PARK ,SLEEP IN TOWN IN MY CAR ,WENT BACK TO MY CAMP THE NET DAY PACKED EVERYTHING UP ,I WAS GOING TO SPEND THE WHOLE SUMMER THERE ,BUT THAT NEXT MORNING I DROVE ALL THE WAY BACK TO NOVA SCOTIA. THAT WAS ENOUGH BC MOUNTAIN CAMPING FOR ME.

Additional things: YEAH NO I WAS REAL STUPID FOR NOT LOOKING AROUND THE NEXT DAY ,I WAS STILL QUITE EXCITED I JUST WANTED TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.

Activities of Witness: IN TENT ALONE IN THE WOODS, 2 AM IN THE MORNING. COLD WET WEATHER.

Description of Creature: AT LEAST 7 TO 8 FEET THICK CURLY HAIR. VERY HUGE LUNGS ,DEEP ROARING VOCALS, WITH VERY HIGH PITCH SCREAM AT THE SAME TIME.

Other Notes: THIS PARK IS NOT FAR FROM A SMALL TOWN AND LOTS OF ROADS, IN THE SUMMER THIS AREA IS SWARMED WITH PEOPLE,,,I NO THERE OUT THERE CLOSE. I DON'T NO WHY PEOPLE DON'T USE DOGS TO FIND AND PHOTOGRAPH THESE THINGS, THAT NIGHT THERE WAS 2,,,,SO I NO THERE'S ALOT MORE THAN THAT.

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: NOPE,,,NEVER WENT BACK,,,,,EVER.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Oh and one more thing with my story, when I went back next morning to get everything I noticed on the picnic table the tin foil was not ripped it was unfolded witch I found really strange, no rips, nothing dragged onto the ground shows intelligence.
Reported by: Confidential
REPORT RECEIVED FROM: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Form.

REPORT POSTED TO GCBRO WEB SITE ON: June 22, 2013

DATE: 09/18/99

TIME: 3:45

OBSERVED: My cousin and I were hunting up on hill behind a place called the XXX. we stopped at a cut block and got out of the vehicle and waled on the skid trail,
before long the trail split into two different paths, one went up the mountain and the other went down, My cousin and I decided to split up, he going down the skid trail. I
deciding to go up. it was not to windy but there was a slight breeze. as I was walking up the trail, there was a huge rock in the middle of the skid trail, so standing on it
listening for any sounds. it was eerily quiet. not one bird chirping, so after deciding that I keep going up I caught a whiff of some raunchy smell I had thought my cousin must be close and farted but he was not even close to me.as I moved slowly off the rock again I caught this horrible foul sulfer rotten flesh smell, nothing I hjave ever smelled. it stopped me dead in my tracks, as I did a 360 turn this low pitch whine noise came from the dense bush in front of me. again nothing I have encountered sounded even close to this sound it got louder and it was almost like a get outta here whine and loud and long then it took off throught the bush, I could see the tops of the sapling trees bending over as this beast crashed through the dense bush. I'm not sure but i believe that I have came in contact with big foot. I got really scared as this thing took off I screamed for my cousin to get up here, he came running up and said what the hell you doing. I said I'm thanking my lucky stars im still alive. I told him what I smelled and seen and heard we instantly headed for the truck. as we were walking down the skid trail back to the truck there was a hill that bordered the cut block we could smell this beast moving with us as we walked to the truck it followed us from the other side of the hill. we finally reached the truck and got into the back and waited to see if this thing was gonna show it's self but no luck, I said to my cousin lets go have a look up the trail. we looked on the ground and seen a huge track that looked like it had toes and a heel like a human bare foot in the mud but this was in hard packed dirt whatever made this print would have to have weighed alot, and ther was marks like it was dragging something. to this day I still beleive I was in contact with a big foot

ADDITIONAL THINGS: N/A

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: really raunchy smell, low pitched whine then got a mad sound more vocal and grunts I did see a silhouette of this beast but was so scared was not sure if I seen what I saw.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS: My cousin was on a different trail and did not see or hear anything

OTHER NOTES: N/A

HISTORICAL OR NEIGHBORING AREAS: N/A

ADDITIONAL NOTES AND-OR FOLLOW-UP COMMENTS: Upon contact the witness had no additional information to add to this report.

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: GCBRO Web master

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: December 5, 2012

DATE: 06-10-89

TIME: Afternoon

OBSERVED: I was in the backseat of my Dad's car and with my peripheral vision, I saw something on the south side of the highway in the ditch. There was some bushes near the highway. I looked out the rear window and saw a large Sasquatch cross the 2 lane highway in 3-4 strides. He was in the wooded area on the north side of the highway in about 5 seconds. I have never been on this highway before as my Dad picked me up in Hope at the bus station. I was moving to Mission with him after high school. After another 5 minutes, we passed an inn &/or campground called Sasquatch Inn. It confirmed what I saw I guess because I kind of sat there dumbfounded afterwards, not quite believing what I saw. I certainly wasn't expecting to see one that day. Didn't tell anyone about it for years because I didn't think anyone would believe me. When I have told people, they said it was probably a bear. Not possible as a bear does not have the same type of gait that I witnessed. A bear walking upright would not, could not have the stride length that this animal had.

Additional Info: The Sasquatch did not slow down but he did tilt his head as if he was watching for traffic! He walked swiftly and with hunched shoulders. His hands were curved downwards and they swung opposite of the leg that was extended. Very big and very hairy. Dark colour like a brown black. Did not see his face though. Will never forget that day. I remember it as if it was yesterday. I feel privileged to have been one of few that has had ever seen one. I don't know if my story helps you any because it was 23 years ago but I thought I would share it with you anyway.

Activities of Witness: Sitting in the car looking out the side window at the scenery.

Description of Creature: Described above as best as possible

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: I would assume so with an Inn named after it. I was not aware of any sightings but I was only 18 and never been there before.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: January 1, 2008

DATE: June 6, 1990

OBSERVED: Well there was 2 times i think. well here i go both times where in same location but about 5+ years apart

the 1st time i was playing with my friend on the mountain( i was bout 13 years old) behind my house about km up the mountain. we where up there on a ridge breaking up a old standing log that was rotten. then from lil ways up the mountain from us we heard. to loud whoops. man we ran all the way back down the mountain.

2nd time was about 5+ years later i was up in the same area pine mushroom hunting alone. i had my head phones on listening to my music. i took out 1 ear bud out cuz i felt something around me so i took out 1 ear bud form my head to try listen if someone was out there. nothing then all of a sudden i could hear something coming toward me fast. and getting louder. i had my 30-30 so i loaded it and yelled "I HAVE MY GUN" sound stopped for a bit so i kinda settled down. then it started again crashing coming down the mountain toward me. heard it not to far away to i shot into the air thinking it might be a bear. it still kept coming so i shot 5 more time into the air. as soon as i had not more rounds in gun i started to reload . as i reloaded it a big boulder went rolling by me. had to be about as big as a well half my bath tub i guess

i never really thought about both times un tell i seen a hunters camera shots of the bear vs bigfoot picture and i started to read about peoples stories A

Activities of Witness: 1st time we were breaking up a log. 2nd i was mushroom picking (pine mushroom)

Description of Creature: never seen it, just some whoops, rolling rocks

Other Notes: Well 2nd time i felt weird so i started to listen to my surroundings

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: April 1, 2007

DATE: January 1, 1950

TIME: Various

LOCATION: Ruby Creek, British Columbia. A small settlement on Fraser River near Hope, BC. In those days as today, there are several native reserves in the area.

TERRAIN: Wooded, mountainous area. Sparsely populated and remote area in those days. CPR tracks along the river but only gravel roads. Today there is a major highway through the area parallel to the tracks.

OBSERVED: There was a native family living in a log cabin close to the banks of the Fraser River. My father talked to them many times about the sightings, as he often served as a sort of taxi driver to the natives who came across the river to our truckstop. This family apparently had built their cabin in an area the bigfoot used as a regular pathway to the river. Several times when the children were playing outside pebbles would be thrown at them from the surrounding woods. At night large stones would be thrown at the cabin, breaking windows and thoroughly frightening the family. Loud roars accompanied the barrages. They did see the creatures several times. An elder told my father (who recorded her story) about being kidnapped as a child by a clan of 8 bigfoot - 4 adults and 4 youngsters. She was taken far into the mountains and made to serve as a kind of slave, fetching berries and water, grooming. I don't remember much more of the story, except that she managed to escape after about 6 days while all the creatures were sleeping. Ruby Creek is close, as the crow flies, to Harrison Lake, which has had many bigfoot sightings over the years. As ther e is no physical evidence, only old stories, I don't know if this will be of any interest. Still, I'm glad to have a forum to pass it along. Unfortunately nobody knows what happened to the tape recording my father made, but he played it for years to anyone interested in hearing it. His name was Bill Jarvis, owner of Hunter Creek Service Station.

Activities of Witness: These sighings occurred during the 1940's and 1950's, but possibly had been going on for much longer.

Description of Creature: N/A

Other Notes: Hope you find this of some interest.

Other (Informational or Encounter History in the General Area) Notes: Yes, a bigfoot was sighted very close to here on the Yarrow Road by a bus driver returning home from work. It was crossing the road from the direction of the Vedder River and leapt up a steep bank, disappearing into the woods on Sumas Mountain. That would be approx. 1 mile from here. That sighting has been documented by lo cal bigfoot researchers.

Report Posted To GCBRO Web Site On: June 2, 2006

DATE: July 15, 2003

TIME: 7:30 PM

TERRAIN: Mountains, Thick Forest.

OBSERVED: We were driving home through the canadian rockies when we stopped along side the highway to let our dogs do their "business". While the dogs sniffed around I let my niece and nephew get out of the car to stretch, a fight broke out over a BB Gun which took my attention away from the dogs for a moment. When I looked back one of the dogs was no longer there. With out thinking I told my Husband I would be right back and I went into the trees to get her thinking she just went to far looking for the perfect place. A few feet in I realized the trees were thicker than I thought, I couldn't see the road anymore. I stopped to call her name and listen for her when I smelt an awful odor. I cannot describe it. The only thing I could say was, all I remember was that it didn't have a distinct odor I could not compare it to anything I have ever smelt. It more so just gave me the sensation that my nose was burning. Our dogs wear safety alert collars that have a reflective strip on them. I caught her collar in the corner of my eye. She was standing there shaking and almost growling but trying to bark. More like a low howl I would say. Thinking nothing of it I walked over about 10 feet towards her. The odor became so strong I thought maybe she had been sprayed by a skunk (never having smelt skunk spray). I was about 5 feet away when I looked in the direction she was and noticed a Large Shadow( I realized the BB Gun I had in my hand would do no damage to an animal of that size). At this time I was now Shaking hysterically and too scared to scream out. Having been on many hunting trips with my older brothers I raised the BB Gun to my shoulder if for nothing more than a hope to scare the animal. The shadow Moved into a standing position and then I saw it was the shape of a person. Hair seemed to cover the whole body, although I didn't get a detailed look. Scared to death I reached out and grabbed my dog by the collar. She then began to Bark hysterically ( I think in an attempt to protect me) Having entered the national park we were given a pamphlet on what to do if you encountered an animal. It said never to turn your back on the wildlife, so with my eyes locked on the animal I began backing up. We were about 35 feet from the highway. It After about 10 feet I thought it took a few steps towards us. I also heard something along the lines or gibberish or babbling although I could not say what it was. With that I grabbed her in my arms (no small feat she weighs about 60 pounds) and I turned to run. I don't know if it followed us any further because my heart was pounding out of my chest and I had begun to sob. We made it back to the car all right. I never mentioned the encounter because I didn't want my husband to go in the woods to investigate and I didn't want to scare my niece and nephew. Knowing how people are disbelieved when they tell stories of Unknown animals in the woods I wish to remain Anonymous. It was a Horrifying experience and although I wouldn't say it looked as if it were to attack, It did not look friendly. It looked as though to be dominating, I credit our safe return to my dogs barking and the BB Gun -- Although it would have done no damage.

Activities of Witness: Looking for dog

Description of Creature: Approx. 6-7 feet tall, Dark in color. Hair seemed shaggy and matted. Initially in a crouching position, then standing up right. Did not get too close so saw nothing of detail.

Other Notes: This was no bear nor any other animal within the Rockies.

Report Received From: The GCBRO Online Report Submission Page.

DATE: September 15, 1987

TIME: Dusk

OBSERVED: It was a warm indian summer evening back in September 1987. I was 16 at the time. I was at my parent's place (which borders on a huge tract of raw wilderness) with my friend XXXXXX. We were out on the deck relaxing and talking. It was just starting to get dark out when we heard a howl/scream coming from the woods across the creek behind the house. I heard it, looked at XXXXXX and was surprised when he said, "did you hear that!?";. I thought I was just imagining it until he asked me that. We just looked at each other wide eyed. The hair on the back of my neck was standing up and we bolted into the house (which wasn't easy since XXXXX was on crutches at the time from a knee injury). I have lived near the wilderness my whole life and I have heard the
calls of bears, cougars, bobcats, coyotes, wolves and most other animals large enough to make that kind of noise, and I had never heard this before or since. It sounded like a human male screaming at the top of his lungs, but with a distinct animal screech to it as well. It was disturbing enough that we sat up all night armed with a shotgun and had other weapons handy. It scared the hell out of us. We ventured out on the back porch and scanned the dark forest to see if we could hear it again. We didn't hear the screaming again, but we heard something moving off in the distance. I still get goose bumps just thinking about it.

Years later, my brother related a story of a strange occurrence when he was up at some property he had bought which incidentally was in the same area, maybe 2 km from my parent's place. It is a dead end road with only one other house anywhere even near there. There's an old quarry up above his place. He was working on building a shed to store things until his house was built when he
heard a strange tapping noise, like someone banging two rocks together. It was coming from the area of the quarry. He said that it went on intermittently all day, and seemed to be moving around, getting closer and further away. The next day, he asked his only neighbor what he was working on in the quarry. The neighbor said that nobody had been home on that day, in fact they were out of town. My brother said there were no vehicles up there and he didn't see anyone around all day. I can't imagine anyone being up there and tapping rocks together all day. The quarry had been out of service for 20 years.

Activities of Witness: Sitting outside on deck.

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Upon contact the witness had this to say:
HI! Just responding to your confirmation e-mail. I again state that my reports are true as stated. I wish I had some kind of physical evidence to back me up, but that screaming I heard was a genuinely mysterious and disturbing. I doubt a human could make that loud of a sound at that pitch and as I say, I've heard a lot of different animals but nothing like that before. As for the account of my brother and the mysterious tapping, I really can't see any person wanting to run around in the remote bush tapping (big) rocks together. He said it was quite loud and moved around. I have also had the distinct feeling of being watched in xxxx Valley, just outside XXXX B.C. From the moment you step out of the car, to the moment you get back in you feel like something is watching you. I have heard several other
people saying they felt the same way when they were up there. The place has a strange energy to it, which might be why a group of hippies made a commune up there in the 60s. There is also a pond up there that has no bottom (that anyone can detect). Surveyors in the mid-70's used rods that screwed together for detecting depth and they ran out of rods and still couldn't touch the bottom. It is an old volcanic formation.

Thank you for responding to my report. I love reading the reports in the G.C.B.R.O. database and have always had an interest in cryptozoology from way back (1977) and was into all that U.F.O./cryptozoology/E.S.P. stuff way before it became "hip". I
believe in the possibility of bigfoot because we know that our relatives, the giganthropus have existed in the past and some could still be around today. I also live right beside lake Okanagan, home of the Ogopogo. I'm not sure if the ogopogo is like the popular images describe, but could be some kind of giant Eel or perhaps misidentified giant sturgeon. Anyways, I digress. If you have a newsletter, I would like to sign up for it. Well bye for now!

DATE: August 1983

TIME: Around 5 pm

OBSERVED: We were all kids then, I am 32 now but i remember it like it was yesterday. My brothers (one now deceased), my cousin and I were at my grandmothers farm playing with my dogs (German shepherd cross and a miniature collie). we were doing the usual kids stuff when we heard the geese at the pond start freaking out and running up to the house where we were. We thought it must be a bear and thought nothing of it. we got bears a lot. then our dogs just took off and hid under the house..that alarmed us a bit because our dogs were well known for running bears up trees and chasing moose. That's when my brother said what the F--k is that. We looked towards the smoke house and we could see this huge ..."thing"; as we saw it..standing near the smoke house door. It was kind of concealed behind a huge cottonwood tree but we could definitely see it was there. We could not make out the facial features of it but it was bobbing back and forth from behind the tree..maybe a nervous reaction

I have has several cases since then where I was convinced that a sasquatch may be in the vicinity of where i was at..such as little "whoop whoop"; noises coming from a ridge above me while i was out with a friend checking out some scenery on a mountain side across from where some logging activity was happening.

I have never seen another one since 83 but I will tell your readers this...
if you see one of these things..remember that they are a wild animal and should not be approached..you would not approach a silver back gorilla right?? so why would you approach an 8 foot tall relative of one lol

Activities of Witness: we were laughing and playing with the dogs..my father thinks that is what attracted him to us.

Description of Creature: the smoke house door was at least 6 feet and he easily towered it by a foot or more... id say he was fairly wide and stocky but he kept in the shaded areas so we could not make out his color very well...he appeared to be a dark brown but like i said the shade hid him pretty well...just not well enough..

Other Notes: the animals did not like it being there..thats a fact!! My grandmother seemed to know about it already.

Also a few years earlier my father and a friend were picking berries and they heard a shrill cry that sent chills up their spine..my father insists that it was a bigfoot warning them to get out of their patch... i tend to believe him.

sometimes our ducks would go missing now that i think about it..i never really thought about that till now.. i remember constantly having to go look for them.. could be coincidence though..stuff like that happens on a farm

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Upon contact the witness had no additional information to add to this report.

DATE: February 15, 2003

TIME: Between 2 am till just after 4 am

LOCATION: Northern British Columbia, near the Alberta/Yukon and (NWT) border. In a very remote location.

TERRAIN: Hilly, rocky, heavily wooded.

OBSERVED: I seen a bi-pedal creature doing some sort of ceremony. It had white fur and it came about 150 meters away from the trailer I was at. I had binoculars (not very good ones) and I got them up to see its face, but they were fogged over from the cold (about -25 c) I did get a glimpse of the eyes which were golden yellow with a black slit in the middle going horizontally and at once I became light headed and dizzy. It looked...sad? It turned and walked about 150 more meters away 300 total from me, and then (...danced?) for just over 2 hours.

Activities of Witness: I was the night watchman. I patrolled the area to make sure wildlife stays away from the equipment. (helicopters, cables, fuel, etc.)

Description of Creature: White furred with a black stripe, yellow eyes. Hunched back. No fangs (all the teeth were uniform triangles from what I could see.) Barrel chested. 2 legged but ran like a gorilla. Meat eating. Intelligent.

Other Notes: Tracks were heel-less. hand prints indicated 2 thumbs per hand, with three fingers in the middle. Spoor was gel like and extremely acidic. orangish red in color.

We were only in the area for 5 weeks.

Numerous members of the seismic crew reported hearing strange noises, feeling like they were being watched, and several of the night crew reported periods of memory loss. Several animal kills, including a grizzly. (For your information, grizzlies sometimes wake up during the winter time, especially when we are detonating explosives nearby.)

Additional Notes and or Follow up Comments: Upon contact the witness had this to add.
"Another thing I forgot to mention about the "thing" i seen was that it wasn't really big. It was about human size, although it was hunched over. It was actually quite a nice looking creature and I got the "feeling" of a very high intelligence from it. It didn't seem like an animal. it seemed to move with purpose not instinct. I've hunted all my life. I' know the difference between a wolf and a bear. It wasn't a bigfoot, unless this one had weird feet. If its feet were misshapen it sure was uniform and not a drawback because it ran really fast. It didn't look like an ape though...and if it was a werewolf or whatever, it was not a typical tv style one. "

REPORT RECEIVED From: The GCBRO Online Reports Submission page.

DATE: Aug 1973

TERRAIN: field near the woods

OBSERVED: I was in a tent with my sister Pat and my fiend Valerie. Pat was asleep and Valerie and I were trying to get to sleep when we heard a loud "call" that sounded like nothing I'd ever heard. Valerie and I wondered what the heck that was. We eventially fell asleep. Next morning we asked Valerie's sister what that sound was and she said, not having heard it, that it was probably a couger. I didn't believe it but had no answer. Many years later on a show about sasquatch I heard it again. Later I asked my friend if she remembered that day and that call and she did. Then I asked if she saw the same show I did and she told me that was the exact same call we heard that night.

Activities of Witness: in a tent with my sister Pat and my fiend Valerie.

Additional Notes or Comments: N/A

Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by: Rick Tullos
Reported by Confidential
RECEIVED FROM: G.C.B.R.O. Online Submission Form

DATE: 07/17/01

TIME: 15:30 (mountain standard)

LOCATION: Mt. Robson National Park, Alberta/British Columbia Border, Canada
(Caribou Connector)

OBSERVED: We had been driving all day,and decided to stop for a while at the next rest stop on the highway. My girlfriend and I lounged at a picnic table for a spell,my best friend and his girlfriend had gone down to the edge of the river to skip stones(Athabasca River). My friend called us down to look at a strange track he had found in the mud on the river shore. It was a large footprint showing 4 toes and an unnatural curve to the foot.I have been researching Sasquatch Footprints most of my adult life and that is what crossed my mind when I saw this. I snapped a photo of the track,I wear size 14D boots and this track was at least 4 inches longer than my foot, and it was pressed 3/4 of an inch into the soft mud. We told friends about this when we arrived back in Jasper,but I think they just humored us.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESSES: Driving home from British Columbia.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE:

OTHER NOTES: Yes, we were tired from driving all day, but the photograph did turn out semi-well.

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA:

Report submitted by Mary Green
Submitted by Bobby Hamilton,
Reported by Confidential

REPORT RECEIVED: From the GCBRO Online Reports Submission Form
DATE: 8/19/78

TIME: 5:00 am.

LOCATION: Squamish river area B.C. Canada Indian reservation.
Squamish River Indian reservation 100 miles in approx.

TERRAIN: Mountains, Close to river along canyon.

OBSERVED: I was about ten years old when this encounter was witnessed, my father along with a long time fishing and hunting partner heard a very unusual sound in the distance while on a steelhead trip into the reservation area of the Squamish river. While we were pulled over and the adults were making coffee during the darkest hours of the morning we all had witnessed some spine tingling screams and shrieks off in the distance. None of which any of the two experienced hunters were familiar. At first it was ignored and casually discussed but after a time the same sound became louder and closer, echoing off the canyon walls.

We must have been there for about an hour or so waiting for the sun to come up for the morning hatch. The eerie sounds became closer and closer until finally we heard timber and saplings breaking in the near distance. My father and his partner threw me in the truck and sped down the winding mountain canyon trail until the sun was up. According to their later conversations it was a suspected Sasquatch colony known to reside in that particular secluded area. The indian legends had much to say and claimed they lived in harmony with the beasts that shared their land. The sightings and encounters were not uncommon. Although I was to young to remember much, the eerie sound will continue to haunt me for the rest of my days. from that day forth I have been a believer in the Sasquatch and hope that some day someone will prove it's very existence.

Description of Creature: None

Activities of Witness: making coffee

Other Notes:

Other Other Notes:

Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Bobby Hamilton
Reported by Confidential
RECEIVED FROM: G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form
DATE: August 2001

TIME: Early Morning

Up Duffy Lake area near Downton

OBSERVED: I was exploring early morning and came across footprints by side of
creek in mud. They were about 7 inches across and 12-13 inches long. Very
distinctive were the toes. Very human. Nobody was trying to play a joke. Area
is remote.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES): I was camping and making hoshum (a drink made
from soap berry)

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: n/a

OTHER NOTES:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA: Yes. Lots of footprints found up above by Melvin
Creek by Lilwat Natives in Duffy Mountain Range.
Report Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Rick Tullos

Return to “British Columbia”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting