(BFRO) British Columbia

Sighting reports of Bigfoot from this Canadian Province
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

(BFRO) British Columbia

Post by admin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:12 am

Report # 35539 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Saturday, May 26, 2012.
Tall human-like form seen at Chilliwack Lake Provencial Park
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2001

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: first week

PROVINCE: British Columbia

LOCATION DETAILS: Lat: 49° 6'16.44"N Long: 121°32'20.11"W

NEAREST TOWN: Chillwack

NEAREST ROAD: Chilliwack Lake Road

OBSERVED: I have only ever told two people of this incident and both responded with skepticism. So I stopped talking about it. As a former Special Forces and avid outdoorsman, I have seen every animal in Canada except for Grizzly but I have never seen any animal including a human move like this one did.

In May 2001, while heading out to Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park to check camp sites, I observed a large black form walking along the edge of the treeline. The location of the sighting was Lat: 49° 6'16.44"N Long: 121°32'20.11"W, just past the prison work camps. With the sun high at mid-day and slightly behind me to the south, it was very easy to see a human like form walking on the north side of the road along the treeline. When it was first seen, it was directly in front of me and my initial reaction that it was an escaped prisoner in black coveralls, heading in the "wrong" direction. As it was about 200 meters from me I sped up to get a better look. Without turning around to look at me, it turned 90deg left and went straight into the woods near a logging road entrance at high speed. I estimate that this animal walked 25-30 meters upright from initial sighting until it went into the woods which immediately ruled out a bear.

Knowing it wasn't a bear, I immediately pulled up to where it went into the woods and ran after it. At this point I realized that I was also not chasing an escaped prisoner. Humans make noise and leave signs. Other than a couple broken branches and bent grass, nothing was seen or heard. The entire area was void of all noise. No birds no insects, nothing but an eerie quietness. After spending the better part of an hour quietly sneaking through the woods in hopes of getting another sighting, I returned to my truck. I then compared my height of 5'10" to a branch that was at it's head level when it entered the woods and estimate it's height to be at 7+ feet.

After second guessing myself on what I saw, I then went back to the first prison camp to report a possible escape only to be informed that ALL prisoners on the Lake road wear orange coveralls and they get many 'escaped prisoner' reports from that area. Whether people believe me or not doesn't matter, I know what I saw.

ALSO NOTICED: I have tracked and hunted many animals including humans. This was like nothing ever encountered before.

OTHER WITNESSES: driving alone

OTHER STORIES: Yes. The prison guard informed me they get mutiple reports.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Just before noon. Clear and sunny with little to no wind. Sun behind right shoulder casting little shadow and directly lighting the figure.

ENVIRONMENT: This was along the treeline beside the main road. The area is mowed back about 25 meters from the road with little to no ditch and all grass and low shrub no more that 12" deep. The treeline is mixed softwood and hardwood and is quite open for walking under the canopy.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Cindy Dosen:

I found this individual to be forthcoming with his information. He has a background of highly qualified training in field survival, detailed observations, and exact documentation taking when in the field.

His account of the event is very likely a sighting of a sasquatch.

This area has numerous reports in the past and the reports are still coming in to the BFRO.

About BFRO Investigator Cindy Dosen:

• Diploma in Animal Sciences. Working toward Veterinary License
• Ex-Breeder of Rhodesian Ridgebacks (Dogs)
• Work in the Marine Transportation Industry
(BC Ferries - Supervisor Ship Steward)

Attended/ Organized the following:
• 2007 BC Van.Island Co-Org.
• 2008 WA Cascades
• 2008 WA Oly.Pen.
• 2008 BC Interior
• 2008 BC Sunshine Coast
• 2008 BC Van.Island Co-Org.
• 2009 BC Sunshine Coast Org.
• 2009 WA Cascades
• 2009 BC Van.Island South Org.
• 2009 WA Oly.Pen.
• 2009 Yakima - Gimlin Round-up
2010 BC Van.Isle South Alumni Exped.( Org.)
2010 WA Oly Pen. Alumni Exped. (Attended)
2010 BC Interior Alunmi Exped. ( Attended)
2011 BC Van.Isle.South Exped. (Org.)
2011 WA Oly Pen. Exped.( Attended)
2011 TX "All-female" Exped. (Attended)
2012 BC Sunshine CoastExped. ( Org.)
2012 BC Van.Isle.South Exped.(Org.)
Report # 34822 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, March 28, 2012.
Memory told of a nighttime sighting while traveling on a mountainside near Rossland
YEAR: about 1969

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: September

LOCATION DETAILS: We left Rossland on Hwy. 38 heading SW, connecting to Hwy 22 (heads to US border) and split right off Hwy. 22 onto the Summit road (Old Cascade Hwy) at Black Bear.

NEAREST TOWN: Rossland

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy. 22

OBSERVED: My brother, his girlfriend, myself and a friend of mine left Rossland in the early evening. Our idea being to go watch for UFO's on the top of the summits.
I was 17 yrs old at the time. It was on what we called The Summit's road (Old Rossland Cascade Hwy), a dirt road with many hair pin turns, twisting up along the side of two mountains to the summit.

My sighting of BF was quick but enough for me to know exactly what I was looking at. I saw all of him initially. It was grey coloured. Then mostly I saw his back and legs, hair seemed coarse, and thick. He also seemed more slender then I would have thought. He was tall though, very tall! I'm not good at guessing heights but if the bank was any indication I guess he'd be about 7' at least.

"He" was bent over the creek and I assumed he'd been drinking water, he stood, turned, took one long stride toward the hillside, and then stepped up a dirt bank and was gone up into the trees & shadows within moments. All this took place within the glow of the car headlights.

For a moment I couldn't take it all in, and then heard my friend, also in the backseat, sobbing beside me.
All I said to her was, "Did you just see what I saw?" All I heard was her shaky voice whispering. "Yes." she was very frightened. I think I recall her saying, "What was that!?"

My brother and his girlfriend in the front seat (brother driving) never saw the BF because he was readying for the hairpin corner, and was looking in that direction, and not straight ahead where the headlights shone in that moment. (his girlfriend was talking quietly and likely looking at him, she never saw anything.

The next day we went back up to look for any kind of sign but it being fall, frost had hardened the ground. We were stunned when we saw how high the bank was he had easily stepped up onto, maybe 5'.
The bank was sloped steeply, dirt with some rocks, grass, and trees/bush at the top. We found no footprints.

Though it was quick, I will never forget what I saw. I can still see it in my mind's eye.

ALSO NOTICED: Saw nothing else at the time. But we went back up the next day to look for prints but found none. The ground had been frozen the night before.

OTHER WITNESSES: One other witness, we had been quiet, just waiting to get to the summit so we could watch the sky for stars and look for UFO's.

OTHER STORIES: Yes, once some people knew about what I saw, a couple folks began to tell me stories as well of their own sightings though now I can only remember two that stand out clear enough. These were sightings all around Rossland.

One sighting stood out, one local who was out hunting with a friend, they had shot a deer, gutted it, then strung it up with a rope high in a tree so a bear wouldn't get it. They had to walk back up to get their truck. As they were driving toward where the deer was, they saw a sasquatch reach up easily and pull the deer down. They were scared, turned around and drove back home.

Another report was one of a woman we knew who lived outside of town, at the base of the mountains. She apparently called the police one night, very upset, that she could see a tall 'creature' standing under her street light in the yard. She was apparently distraught and from what I can recall it had not been the first time she had seen them.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was early evening, around 7:30 pm. or so, can't recall exactly.
It was a clear evening, crisp. Frost was just beginning to happen at nights.(About end Sept/early Oct)

ENVIRONMENT: Steep mountainside. The sighting happened at a sharp hairpin corner, with a creek crossing at the point of the hairpin and running under a small bridge/culvert. Steep banks up either side of the creek, though where I saw the sasquatch there was a small flat area on the right of the creek before the bank that he stepped up on. It is thick forests and bush.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :

I contacted the witness by phone and spoke to her at length about her sighting. The witness spoke without reservation about the incident and was open and honest with me.

The witness described to me how, on a warm evening in the fall of 1969, she and several others drove up into the mountains south of Rossland, BC to look for, in her words "UFO's". She went on to explain that going up onto a high mountain logging road was a means to get away from 'Smallville' and that looking up at the night sky was a common practice among teenagers in her community.

At one point the road makes a hard hair pin turn where a major creek flows down the mountain and into a culvert under the road. It was at this spot that the witness saw what she described as a large grey colored creature. When first seen it was bent over, presumably drinking from the creek and as the car approached it straightened up, made a half turn and stepped up the embankment and into the forest. Only the witness and her friend saw the animal as the driver and his girlfriend were more focused on the road in front of them.

The following day the witness and her friends returned to the site and it was at that time that they realized that animal must have been close to seven feet in height as the embankment that it had so easily ascended was close to five feet in height. Although they had looked for tracks none were found because the ground had been frozen the night before. The elevation where the sighting took place is about 3800 feet above sea level.

It is of my opinion that the witness and her friend did indeed see a sasquatch while driving that night. The location where it was sighted also points to the validity of the sighting as the noise of the creek would have drowned out the sound of an approaching vehicle.

About BFRO Investigator Blaine McMillan :

Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience on CF-101 Voodoo, CT-133 Silverstar and various SAR platforms including CC-115 Buffalo and CC-130 Hercules.

Married with two young sons. An avid camper, hunter and fisherman.

Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science

Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010 and 2012.

Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.
Report # 40345 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
Seasoned outdoors couple hear possible vocalizations while gathering firewood north of Campbell River
YEAR: 2013

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: March

DATE: 12

LOCATION DETAILS: This is an active logging site North of Campbell River, BC.

NEAREST TOWN: Campbell River, BC

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy. 19

OBSERVED: At approx 5:00 pm March 12th 2013, Campbell River, B.C. my husband and I were out getting a load of firewood on a logging road North of the city. We had an experience in the woods neither of us are able to explain. We are both very familiar with the sounds and local animals as we have grown up on the West Coast. My husband being a West Cost logger, knowing the woods well, and myself a camper all my life. My husband started off by chopping wood lower down on the logging road. It was overcast and raining lightly at the time. We moved our way up the road gathering firewood. When we got to the top my husband turned the truck around and once again got out to cut wood, when we heard a whooping two-toned call from the woods to one side of us. It was sounding so piercingly clear, it carried through all around. My husband called over and asked me if I heard that and as I was getting out of the truck the call was made again. Suddenly from the other side to where my husband stood a slightly higher pitched response rang out from the trees. What now seemed to take place was some sort of communication between two of what seemed to be intelligent things. This continued on for approx. 1 min. where by the end we were sure we were listening to some kind of conversation and that somehow we were not alone. I am 50 years-old and for the first time felt a fear standing there in the woods. My husband, 55, now looking over his shoulder to pick up pieces of wood. As suddenly as the sounds started the woods fell silent again. I did notice that by the end of this communication, the one on the left of where I was standing had traveled away slightly by the clarity of the sounds. I also noticed that while this was going on all the other sounds of the woods, birds, frogs etc. seemed to be silent, but by the time we worked our way back down the logging road collecting the wood, I could once again hear the natural sounds of the woods again, which in itself seemed strange. We have been trying to logically figure out what this could have been since happening yesterday, and only know what it could not have been not what it could have been. It wasn't a wolf, coyote, bear, elk, dear, cougar the list could go on. I only know I have no answers as to what we heard.

ALSO NOTICED: I noted that at the time of the vocalizations from the woods, all other normal sounds of the woods seemed to go silent. Once the vocals stopped, within 5-10 minutes the natural sounds of the woods seemed to come back gradually.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 witnesses, my husband was chopping fire wood and I was sitting in the truck

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 5:00pm overcast and slightly raining

ENVIRONMENT: This is an active logging area in a second growth forest approx. 60 yrs. in age.The area is heavily populated by deer and elk. There are numerous creeks in the area. It is a mixed forest of Douglas Fir, Hemlock, Red Cedar, Maple and Alder.

I interviewed the witness several times and I found her to be honest and forthright. The witness described in great detail an incident that took place at an active logging site. It was after work hours. She, and her husband, were splitting and collecting wood left over from the logging operation when they heard two different and distinct vocalizations from two separate locations. One was a whooping type call and the other was a higher pitched response. She described these vocalizations as nothing she had heard before and she felt that it was a clear form of communication between two different creatures. During the vocalizations no other animal sounds could be heard and it was several minutes afterwards when the "natural sounds of the woods" returned.

Additionally, the witness and her husband should be commended for coming forward with this report. As a rule, people employed in logging operations on the West Coast of Canada do not speak of sightings or incidents involving sasquatch for fear of ridicule from their fellow co-workers.

Retired Canadian Military (Reg Force) Safety Systems / Aviation technician with experience on CF-101 Voodoo, CT-133 Silverstar and various SAR platforms including CC-115 Buffalo and CC-130 Hercules.

Holds a BA in Criminology from the University of Manitoba, courses in Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anthropology and Political Science

Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

Organized the 2007, 2008 Vancouver Island as well as 2009 North Vancouver Island Expeditions.
Report # 43994 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, January 26, 2014.
Possible sighting near Bowser on Vancouver Island
YEAR: 2011

SEASON: Fall

LOCATION DETAILS: Near Cook Creek on Central Vancouver Island

NEAREST TOWN: Qualicum Beach

NEAREST ROAD: Cook Creek Rd. off Hwy 19

OBSERVED: About 2 1/2 years ago we were collecting fire wood up behind Bowser area. My four and a half year old told us that he saw something in the bush line by the road. It was clear cut about 150 feet from the road to the bush. He said that he saw something big and brown-black run and jump up onto a log, look at us in our vehicle and turn and go into the bush.He said it was walking on his two legs, swinging its arms. I did not think much of it at the time thinking that he saw a bear, but he continued to tell us the exact same thing to this day. His story has not changed. He says that he SAW a bigfoot. He is now obsessed with bigfoots, and watches the show like clock work. He truly believes this is what he saw, and I believe him. He looks for them in the forest here all the time now, as he knows that they are there. I might add that he had never seen the shows before he saw this.

ALSO NOTICED: My Mom and I heard a noise in the area before. It was an animal, but nothing we had heard before. This was after my son seen the Bigfoot.

OTHER WITNESSES: No

OTHER STORIES: wood knocks and odd vocalizations at a lake (location withheld) near Sayward, Vancouver Island

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Late Day, overcast, but good lighting, no rain.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine-Fir-Cedar forest, old logging clear cuts, creeks, rivers, mountain terrain

This investigator met with the primary witness and his mother at their home. I found them honest and truthful in their statement.

On the day in question this family; primary witness, along with his mother and grandmother, were searching the Cook Creek drainage for downed trees that could be bucked up into firewood. The family was utilizing a Dodge Caravan and had both sliding cargo doors fully open. At the time of the sighting the mother was in the driver's seat of the vehicle. The grandmother was walking along the road ahead of the vehicle and was looking into the woods on the left hand side. The primary witness was seated in the centre seat of van on the passenger, or right hand side. The witness was looking out of the open door on the right towards a logged area that was bordered at the back, some 70 yards away, by some young alders ranging 20 to 30 feet in height. As they went slowly past this logged area a tall upright creature came out of the alders into the clearing. It took 8 to 10 steps in the same direction of travel as the van and then angled back into the alders. Before going back into cover it had paused for several seconds and looked directly at the van.

From his seated position in the van the primary witness only saw this bipedal animal from the waist up. He stated that the head was pointy and it did not have a nose like a bear. When he asked me why it swung its arms as it walked I asked him to show me what it looked like. Over the next several minutes the witness paced across the living room of the house taking big strides while swinging his arms in wide almost to a shoulder height. The witness said that it walked in a very smooth motion as if it was gliding through the forest.

It should be noted that up until this incident the witness had never viewed anything about the sasquatch and had not seen any television shows like "Finding Bigfoot". When I had conducted my interview of the witness I utilized a page from a bigfoot reference book featuring what has been referred to as "The Usual Suspects". I had the page completely covered and as I revealed the images from right to left I asked the witness which image was most like that which he had seen. The witness pointed to the last image revealed, which was that of a sasquatch.

On a discussion with the parents and grandmother, they have indicated to me that they have had other incidents such as vocalizations and wood knocks in this area. This has been corroborated by other reports as well.

On the day of the incident the family had been parked some 500 yards away from this slash area where the witness had found a forged axe head on the side of the road. He showed it to his mother who, on an inspection to ensure that it wasn't sharp, said that he was allowed to keep it. The witness then proceeded to bang on some rocks until they remounted the vehicle and continued looking for downed trees. It was only ten to fifteen minutes later that the sighting had taken place.

I firmly believe that this young witness did, in fact, see a sasquatch. I thank him for his report and and I thank his family for believing him.

Attended the BFRO BC Expeditions in August of 2005, 2006, 2012 as well as Vancouver Island 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

Author of "Woodknocks and Tossed Rocks: Searching for Sasquatch with the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.

Return to “British Columbia”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting